How long do the transferred fat cells in a BBL take to develop their own blood supply and be sure to stay long term?

How long until you can safely say a Brazilian butt lift result is final, and all of the fat that's still there will remain long term? Is there any research on this or can surgeons just say what they think based on experience? I'm wondering how long until I can absolutely not worry about sitting or anything at all and feel like it's my butt and not going anywhere? :)

Fat cell survival in buttocks

This is a great question.  Initially the fat cells get their nutrition from the surrounding body fluid and then blood vessel grow in over the first week or more.   Vasculatization occurs in a different pattern in different areas.   It is important the fat cells be not packed too tightly because blood vessels need room to move and vascularize the fat cells.   Early on it is difficult to tell what is fat survival volume and what is swelling.   This slowly resolves and some think that what is there at 4 months will stay there.   This is probably a reasonable rough guideline but remember at 4 months there is still edema.   A more certain measuring stick is the one year mark.  At that point the edema is usually gone and what is there is surviving fat that should last.   If you gain or lose weight the fat in your buttocks will respond accordingly.   While fat injected into the gluteal muscle vascularizes quicker and may survive better, there is the threat of fat into the muscular venous plexus and then to the lungs and death.   I have personally investigated 4 such cases.   I choose to avoid the muscle and place the fat in the subcutaneous tissue.  The danger of muscular placement is just too great.   My Best,  Dr C

That is a good question for which I am not sure the answer is known.  I have noticed in the hundreds I perform each year that after about 4 to 6 weeks the buttocks remain the same size.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and liposuction procedures each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Bloos supply and fat injection

I think that after about 6 weeks when most of the swelling subsides, the fat that is still there has taken up a blood supply and should survive permanently.  Now weight fluctuations may change the size of the buttocks as well.

The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon