How long until I can sit after butt implants? (Photo)

On the 14th on Monday this November I just got liposuction and implants in my butt. Solid silicone gel. That way they cannot rupture or leak..... I would like to know how long until I can sit on sleep on my back??? Sleeping on my stomach is extremely uncomfortable...

Sitting After Butt Augmentation

Thank you very much for your question and photograph. In general, it is recommended that patients avoid putting direct pressure on their buttocks for three to four weeks after a butt augmentation procedure. This includes sitting directly on your bottom and sleeping on your back. However, every surgeon has their own protocol, and their recovery instructions will vary based on the patient and the specific technique used. For the safest and most satisfying results, I recommend speaking with your operating surgeon and closely following their post-op instructions.

Buttock implants

I usually do not allow my patients to sit on their buttocks for at least 3 weeks.  You should check with your surgeon.

Butt augmentation

I would discuss this with your plastic surgeon and follow their aftercare instructions because every surgeons post-operative protocol’s will differ slightly based on their beliefs, technique and experiences. I believe that the patient should not put any pressure on the buttocks for at least 2 weeks post. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 10 minutes two times per day.  Days 15 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. If you must sit for longer durations, I definitely do recommend the “Booty buddy” pillow and getting up every 10-15 minutes to walk around until you are at least 2 weeks post op. 
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon