How long between Neograft hair transplant sessions?

I underwent a Neograft session two months ago. How soon can I return for another Neograft session? The donor area would be the same (lower back of the head). The recipient area would be an adjacent, new area.

How long to wait between FUE sessions

With FUE procedures, I like patients to wait about 6 months before coming back for a second procedure in the same area.  If it is a different area we are transplanting (donor zone being the same) then I have patients wait a minimum of 3 months.  This allows enough time for both the scalp and donor zone to heal appropriately.

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Next graft session

Conventional wisdom dictates that secondary and tertiary hair transplant sessions be done after growth is seen from the prior session. This is usually about 6-8 months.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neograft session

Neograft is just a tool(you can check it out on wikipedia). What I think you mean, is a how long between FUE procedures.

It all depends on your healing. The most common time frame between procedures in our clinic is about 6 weeks. You should however have an evaluation for the healing first.

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Serial FUE transfers

Hello and thank you for posting your question.

It is advisable to wait for new hair growth to be visible prior to attempting subsequent FUE transfers. ~6-8 months in between sessions is the best estimate.

How long to wait between NeoGraft FUE Hair Transplant sessions

In my practice, I typically recommend that patients wait one year between NeoGraft FUE Hair Transplant sessions.  I recommend waiting one years time for several reasons:

1.  It can take 12-15 months to see full growth of hairs from transplanted hair follicles;
2.  You would not want to disturb or affect the integrity of the newly transplanted grafts; and
3.  It can take up to one year for all inflammation of the donor site to subside following a hair transplant procedure.

As you can see from the other responses that this question has received, surgeons do vary on the length of time that they wait between sessions and because of this I would recommend that you defer to your operating surgeons recommendation.  I hope this helps and best of luck!

Wait 6 months if extracting from the same or nearby donor site to new region. 9-12 months if same region.

It is important to allow both the donor and grafted sites enough time for healing. I would recommend that you wait approximately 6 months between sessions if you are extracting from the same or nearby donor site and transplanting to a new region. If you are transplanting the hair to the same region, then I would recommend waiting 9-12 months between sessions. You do not want to disturb the integrity of the already existing grafts.

Julio F. Gallo, MD
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

NeoGraft

Thank you for your question, Southern man. NeoGraft is intended to be a permanent solution. You may wait 6 weeks or longer depending on your healing process if you would like to treat a different area. Always see a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neograft next session timing

Thank you for your question.  I would normally recommend waiting 6 months if you are borrowing follicles from the same area but transplanting them into a new area.  I would add another 6 months (i.e. a year) if you are wanting to add more density to the same area.

NeoGraft

After an initial FUE, or follicular unit extraction, hair transplant treatment, it is important to let both the donor site and recipient site heal prior to another session. It is best to wait at least 6 months if you intend on using the same donor site. And if the transplant is to the same recipient site, I would recommend at least 9 months. This time gives the areas a chance to properly heal. Also, it gives your provider a good idea of where additional units should be transplanted.

Amir Moradi, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

How long between FUE hair transplant sessions?

It makes no sense to ask how long between 'neograft' sessions. Its like saying how long between titanium punch sessions! The neograft is just an instrument that needs control and skill by the operator. The result of your hair transplant is down to the skill, knowledge, experience and artistry of your hair transplant surgeon who hopefully performed your surgery.

To answer your question, we need to know the reason for you requiring the said subsequent session. If you need it to enhance the density of your first session, then its best to wait for your hair to grow through properly and see a result e.g. 8-14 months after surgery. If you are treating a different area at the top then its best to wait until reasonable healing is achieved at the donor area e.g 3 months.

Bessam Farjo, MBChB
Manchester Hair Restoration Surgeon