Is 500cc enough fat to get a heart shaped butt with a lot of projection? (Photo)

My doctor says she wants to only put 500cc. I read girls stories and there getting 800 1200cc per cheek. So 500 seems like it won't do much. I don't want to feel like I wasted my money

The number of cc's during your BBL

Assuming you have adequate fat for your BBL, transferring 500cc on fat per side is very conservative. That may give you an improvement, but most people require more fat.  Make sure your surgeon in an expert in BBLs, and can show you over 100 before and after pics of his/her own work. Unfortunately, there are many doctors doing BBLs right now because it is so popular. There is a learning curve. I remember 8 years ago, when I did my first BBL, transferring 350cc of fat and thinking it was a lot. Now, thousands of BBLs later, I routinely transfer 900-1300cc of fat per side. Only my thinnest of patients get 500cc. Good luck. 

Number of CC's required for a good BBL

A great looking BBL butt depends on several factors
- using liposuction and if needed excision so surgery to transform the current oblong, square or otherwise unsexy butts into two round hemispheres. 
- liposuction is then used to create a V zone in the center where the butt cheeks diverge at the base of the spine 
- once these two basic fundamental foundations are created fat is grafted in small strands (to optimize survival) creating a protruding hemi dome on either side. 

If artistic vision is lacking and fat is just pumped into mal shaped butts where the only goal is how much can be pumped into the butt, the outcomes are grotesque, sagging blobs or "Ghetto Butties" which will get larger and saggier by the day. You will not get the idealized Brazilian BUNDA butts.  

Depending on the butt and its elasticity 500cc of pure fat per cheek may be on the low side for prominent noticeable BBL. However, attempting to shove and pump more fat into a butt under great pressure is a mistake. As the fat is grafted and the pressure inside the butt increases the amount of effective circulation gradually falls and the grafted fat is gradually starved of oxygen. As a result, more becomes less as more fat results in greater fat losses in the long term. 

Good Luck
Peter Aldea MD

I think 500cc would not be sufficient to give you the projection that you seem to desire. Obviously, you need to have sufficient donor fat to allow for larger amounts. And it is possible that you may need a second fat transfer to the buttocks to get you the result you are seeking. 

George Lefkovits, MD

500 cc per buttock

It really depends upon your goals and the amount of fat to harvest. Some surgeons feel that putting a lot of fat all at once in a buttock may be more prone to less take and therefore do smaller amounts each time.  I prefer to put more in at one time if there are adequate donor sites.  Remember, touch ups, or future procedures can be desired due to incomplete take of the fat as well.

Cc' sand bbl's

This amount seems low, particularly based upon your "wish pics."  speak directly with your surgeon about how much they realistically think they can safely remove and how much can be transferred.  I typically suction five liters (5000 cc), and rarely ever transfer that small an amount - even if someone doesn't want a large butt - I find the fat is needed to shape all areas of the buttocks and hips (some people call these areas hip dips).  Good luck!

Choosing the right volume

500 mL seems conservative to me.

I never commit to any one volume before surgery but can often estimate approximately how many cc I think I will use for a Brazilian.

From your picture my average would be around 1000 mL per side.

There are a few variables that need to be taken into consideration.

One is how the fat is  process.

Whila the goal of a Brazilian is generally to give gluteal volume the surrounding liposuction is usually equally as important in creating a curvy figure.

You may want to talk to your plastic surgeon one more time.

When doing so you should ask to review specific before and after pictures and ask how many cc where placed  for each one of those patients.

Look for people who have similar bodies to your own in the before pictures.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Fat transfer for BBL

Hi Ari,

The amount of fat transferred depends on your body type, goal buttock and available fat.  My average fat transfer is around 800cc per side, but certainly have achieved nice results with around 400cc per side.  

Make sure you see multiple plastic surgeons so that you are comfortable with your decision.

Hope that helps.

Dr. B

Brazilian Butt Lift / Liposuction/Fat Grafting/ High Definition Procedures / Revision BBL

I appreciate your question.

I have done many Brazilian Butt lift procedures and specialize in body contouring. From your photos, you appear to be a very good candidate for BBL. You should get a nice result from liposuction, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

BBL QUESTION

Thank you for your question. A Brazilian Butt Lift Is a good proceeded for those patients who are trying obtain an augmentation of the central and outer area of the buttock superiorly. Usually in this procedure liposuction of other areas of her body is necessary to remove the desire fat to be able to injected or "grafted" into the buttocks. To be able to be a candidate for a Brazilian but lift he must accomplish 3 things:

1- You need to be able to have enough fat deposits in other areas of your body for a successful transfer. The volume can range anywhere from 500cc-1000cc.
2- You need to have realistic expectations and make sure you have a good communication with your board certified plastic surgeon.
3- Identify a surgeon who has done several of this procedures and can deliver a consistent result.

Prices can vary significantly between regions and surgeons.

Best of Luck !