I have 425 saline mod profile unders in both breast. My right is filled to 450 and left filled to 490. Its been eight weeks since surgery and my left is still pretty sore. The implant is feels a little to overfilled and my crease is a little lower then the right. It hurts in the lower part of my breast along with my ribs on that same side. My right feels good, no pain or soreness. Is this normal and how long will it last?
How Long Do Breast Hurt After a BA?
Doctor Answers 11
Breast pain after breast augmentation is unusual at 8 weeks after surgery
Thank you for your question. Typically pain after breast augmentation is mostly resolved after 3-4 days with sub-glandular augmentation and by 10-12 days after sub-muscular breast augmentation. Please see your plastic surgeon for an examination and ask the surgeon if he or she detects any abnormality that could be causing pain. If the breast that hurts feels tighter or firmer than the other side and could be a capsular contraction forming.
Soreness after BA
Breast pain after BA
You might also like...
Post breast augmentation healing
An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.
First 48 hours are the most uncomfortable!
The pain associated with breast augmentation is severe in the first 24 to 48 hours following surgery, but rapidly diminishes with time.We typically use a synthetic codeine derivative called hydrocodone which has a decreased incidence of nausea compared to codeine.We replace narcotic pain relievers with Tylenol as soon as possible following surgery to avoid the potential for drug problems.We also use muscle relaxants in the immediate post-operative period.
Pain tolerance varies from patient to patient following breast augmentation.If you’re considering this procedure, it’s important to discuss pain management with your surgeon prior to surgery.
Recovery After Breast Augmentation
- Stiffness, swelling and bruising in the chest region: These are normal experiences as the skin, muscles and tissue heal. Pain medication and muscle relaxants will help you cope with any discomfort. Consistent sharp pain should be reported to your board-certified surgeon.
- Hypersensitivity of nipples or lack of sensitivity: This is normal and will gradually resolve over time.
- A mild to severe itchy feeling of the breasts is possible as healing progresses. An antihistamine like Benadryl can help to alleviate severe, constant itchiness. If the skin becomes red and hot to the touch, contact your board-certified surgeon immediately.
- Asymmetry, the breasts look different, or heal differently: Breasts may look or feel quite different from one another in the days following surgery. This is normal. No two breasts in nature or following surgery are perfectly symmetrical.
- Discuss returning to work with your board-certified surgeon, in our office it is typically 3-5 days post-surgery but you may not overexert yourself or do any heavy lifting.
- You may resume exercise and your normal routine at six weeks unless your surgeon advises otherwise.
Depends on patient
Breast Implant Surgery
How long should I hurt after a Breast Augmentation?
You will typically experience pain from 1-4 days, you may have some residual muscle spasms for a few weeks though. Typically the swelling resolves in 6- 8 weeks. I tell my patients to wear a bra for support for the initial 6 weeks and that should help with your discomfort as should your post-operative massages. If you continue to hurt more than you expect please follow up with your surgeon ASAP.