I have 425 saline mod profile unders in both breast. My right is filled to 450 and left filled to 490. Its been eight weeks since surgery and my left is still pretty sore. The implant is feels a little to overfilled and my crease is a little lower then the right. It hurts in the lower part of my breast along with my ribs on that same side. My right feels good, no pain or soreness. Is this normal and how long will it last?
How Long Do Breast Hurt After a BA?
Doctor Answers 15
Breast pain after breast augmentation is unusual at 8 weeks after surgery
Thank you for your question. Typically pain after breast augmentation is mostly resolved after 3-4 days with sub-glandular augmentation and by 10-12 days after sub-muscular breast augmentation. Please see your plastic surgeon for an examination and ask the surgeon if he or she detects any abnormality that could be causing pain. If the breast that hurts feels tighter or firmer than the other side and could be a capsular contraction forming.
Pain after Breast Augmentation?
Thank you for the question.
Discomfort after any type of surgery will vary from one patient to another depending on many factors including patients' pain threshold, the exact procedure performed, the amount/extent of dissection necessary, surgical technique…
The majority of patients who undergo breast augmentation surgery have significant discomfort for the first 2 to 4 days after surgery. This discomfort (and requirements for pain medication and muscle relaxant) decreases rapidly on a weekly basis.
Given that your breasts is still “pretty sore” after 8 weeks, you may want to follow-up with your plastic surgeon for evaluation. He/she will be in the best position to advise you.
How Long Do Breast Hurt After a BA?
Thank you for your question. You are going to see the difference just after the procedure. However it is necessary to wait for some time in order to see the final result. After the breast augmentation operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will be advised to wear a corset in order to reduce the edema. You can start to do your daily activities just after the operations but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.
You might also like...
Pain after Breast Augmentation
First 48 hours are the most uncomfortable!
The pain associated with breast augmentation is severe in the first 24 to 48 hours following surgery, but rapidly diminishes with time.We typically use a synthetic codeine derivative called hydrocodone which has a decreased incidence of nausea compared to codeine.We replace narcotic pain relievers with Tylenol as soon as possible following surgery to avoid the potential for drug problems.We also use muscle relaxants in the immediate post-operative period.
Pain tolerance varies from patient to patient following breast augmentation.If you’re considering this procedure, it’s important to discuss pain management with your surgeon prior to surgery.
Could have Seroma, Hematoma, or Infection; Go See Your Surgeon
Thank you for your question. Eight weeks out this should not really be happening. Especially since you have symptoms only on one side, you may have a seroma, a hematoma or an infection. I would go see your surgeon, and ask his advice.
Pain after a breast augmentation
Post breast augmentation healing
An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.
Recovery After Breast Augmentation
- Stiffness, swelling and bruising in the chest region: These are normal experiences as the skin, muscles and tissue heal. Pain medication and muscle relaxants will help you cope with any discomfort. Consistent sharp pain should be reported to your board-certified surgeon.
- Hypersensitivity of nipples or lack of sensitivity: This is normal and will gradually resolve over time.
- A mild to severe itchy feeling of the breasts is possible as healing progresses. An antihistamine like Benadryl can help to alleviate severe, constant itchiness. If the skin becomes red and hot to the touch, contact your board-certified surgeon immediately.
- Asymmetry, the breasts look different, or heal differently: Breasts may look or feel quite different from one another in the days following surgery. This is normal. No two breasts in nature or following surgery are perfectly symmetrical.
- Discuss returning to work with your board-certified surgeon, in our office it is typically 3-5 days post-surgery but you may not overexert yourself or do any heavy lifting.
- You may resume exercise and your normal routine at six weeks unless your surgeon advises otherwise.
Depends on patient
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.