What is the best type of Lipo for Fibrous Fat?

I have already tried Vaser Lipo, but this was not successful because I have very Fibrous Fat... which is fairly common with black people. Is any particular type of lipo better suited for people with Fibrous Fat, with the extra complications of scar tissue.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... Traditional always help with all type of fibrosis, with different types of cannulas surgeons can help you to get rid of the conditions.

Best liposuction for fibrous fat in a black woman.

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Yes, fibrous fat is more common in black people -
  • But Vaser should remove dissolve it, allowing its easyy removal.
  • Was the doctor treating you a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon? Was surgery done with local anesthesia or were you asleep?  How much fat was removed? What part of your body was it removed from? And how long ago?
  • I have done very successful liposuction on many black women using Microaire (PAL tumescent technique).
  • But to know whether a second liposuction is worth your time and money, would depend on further information and an examination.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Best form of liposuction

You are correct that some African-Americans have more Filburn is fat.

This can be especially true of the lower abdomen or the area around the belly button.

Before pursuing a second procedure two things must be addressed.

The first is if you're truly a good candidate for liposuction.

The second is if the first procedure truly lacked delivering the potential results from liposuction.

My practice is devoted exclusively to liposuction and fat transfer.

The number one reason patients are unhappy after liposuction is related to not being a good candidate in the first place.

Of course if the procedure is not done well results will not follow.

Patients who have other underlying problems will never get great results from liposuction.

Some of these include skin laxity, intra-abdominal fat or muscle separation from previous pregnancies.

It can be difficult for patients to make an accurate assessment in regards to what type of results can be achieved from liposuction alone.

In regards to different techniques VASER is by far the potentially most powerful form of liposuction and no other technique can break up fibrinous  tissue better.

There are of course variations in how the VASER is performed.

The machine has different energy settings. the amount of time that the fat is treated with ultrasound and or liposuction during the procedure will also have a large impact on how much fat can be removed.

I suggest you follow up with your plastic surgeon and get a few in person consultations.

If this is in regards to abdominal liposuction and you are at all overweight or have had previous pregnancies then you need to have an accurate assessment in regards to differentiating between the need for an abdominoplasty versus liposuction.

This is the most common situation for patients to have dissatisfaction after liposuction.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Hello PepperyP - Thanks for your question. I have never had any problems with using VASER for primary or revision liposuction on black patients. I think it is the best option when scar in the tissues is heavy. That being said, another option I love is PAL (Powered Liposuction) by Microaire. It uses a little battering ram type action to push through scar, etc. to remove stubborn pockets of fat. Also, laser lipolysis is great for scar, but it has to be performed by an expert because it is more dangerous than other forms of liposuction. 

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

The Best Liposuction

This is hard to answer without before and after pictures. VASER Hi Def is extremely effective, especially when it is used in combination with skin tightening techniques (ThermiRF, Ultrasound) and fat grafting. It could be a revision liposuction and fat transfer would give you the results you want. Venus legacy after liposuction (10-14 days after the procedure) will help with scar tissue. See an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer

In my opinion the gold standard is still the manual power assisted liposuction with varying cannula sizes to give you the contouring you need. Be sure to find a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in liposuction.