What scar cream is best to use after FUE? (photo)

This month I had 4200 grafts taken from the back of my head. I would like to act now to prevent any permanent scarring.

There is no scar cream after FUE surgery. You will always have a scar after any surgery.

There is no special scar cream after FUE surgery.  You will always have a scar after any surgery. Scar creams are generally marketed to flatten scars but they don't always work as advertised. 

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Scar cream to use after FUE to minimize scars

peterhoward1,

What we recommend and provide our patients to use after their FUE procedures is a topical antibiotic ointment like bacitracin. But the secret to invisible scars is really the punch size employed. With punches smaller or equal to .9 mm the healed scars should not be visible to the naked eye.

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Scarring from FUEU

Unfortunately, the scarring from 4200 FUE grafts can not be changed. No cream that I know of will help reduce this scarring.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon