I had Juvederm Volift injected in to lips last night but now my top lip is huge. Should I be worried? (Photo)

Filler swelling

Hello, and thanks for your question. I'm sorry you did not get the result you had hoped for.

Post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. If you are not pleased with your final result, the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Volift and swelling

I would wait another week to see the results before attempting to have the product dissolved.  Vitrase would be indicated if there is still too much product in a week.  Best, Dr. Green

Juvederm can be dissolved with Vitrase

It looks symmetric, implying that it is not likely to be a bruise but rather overfill. I would wait 2 weeks before seeking dissolution and starting over again.

Best
Dr H Karamanoukian

Lip Swelling After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

If you are unhappy, reverse the filler with hyaluronidase.  I suggest waiting at least 2 weeks.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip Swelling

Thank you for your question and photos. Lip swelling after injection is very common and can be anywhere from mild to quite dramatic. Often the morning after injection it tends to be swollen since our face naturally swells at night. As the day goes on you are likely to see your lip swelling decrease. I would definitely use ice as much as possible as this will help and make you more comfortable. Medications like Claritin and Zyrtec can be helpful and are non-drowsy. I would give things 2 or 3 days to settle down. If at that point you are still concerned I would follow up for your doctor so you can discuss options. I wouldn't be surprised if things settle down nicely and you look great
Best of Luck
DrG

Lee A. Gibstein, MD

Swelling after Juvederm

Dear Vikki1987,
Don't worry, it is surprising how swollen things can be after getting filled. I would take it easy today and use cold compresses. If this does not start to subside in the next couple of days, or if you experience increasing pain, redness, or lesions like cold sores see your physician immediately. Antihistamines like Zyrtec and benadryl may help a little too. Because none of us know how much or how things were injected it is hard to know if the imbalance is purely swelling, but time will tell. You can always balance things out a little if necessary with Vitrase in the upper or adding more to the lower if necessary. Hopefully in the next week or 2 you will be able to appreciate something closer to your final result.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon