Does Juvederm Volift work in cheeks?

I have heard that Voluma is the best filler for cheeks but a dental practice in my area are doing deals on their Volift just now and say it can treat any area. Could you tell me if this will be any good in the cheek area? I am also having my lips and nasolabial folds done. Thanks.

Voluma vs Volift for cheeks

I agree that for cheeks, Voluma is the superior product because, as the name suggest it can increase the volume of mid face, and last longer than Volift. Volift is a good product for the nasolabial folds, but in my opinion, I don't use it in the lips- its too thick. I use Volbella for the lips (or Ultra XC, or Restylane). 

Now, I'm going to be be politically incorrect here and say this- as a specialist dermatologist, I don't offer teeth whitening, nor do I do bridges and crowns, you may want to consider the experience of a dental practice performing skin directed treatments. Opinion of Dr Davin Lim, and may not be shared by others. 

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Voluma vs Volift for cheeks

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Voluma versus Vollure in the cheeks

Thank you for your question kimbychick. I understand your concern. Vollure (Volift) is a hyaluronic acid filler designed to enhance the appearance of wrinkles and folds on the face. Voluma is designed to restore volume to the mid-face. While other products can be placed in this area, in my experience that Voluma provides the best and longest lasting results. I find that patients who purchase treatments based on promotions that are not ideal for their concerns are generally unhappy with their results and recommend my patients against this practice. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Voluma versus Vollure in the cheeks

Be careful seeking treatment based on specials and promotions.

Hi kimbychick. Each filler is designed with unique degrees of thickness, flexibility and duration - all to best suit different areas of the face. Voluma is excellent for restoring volume to the midface, lifting the cheeks and re-contouring the face. Volift is best for the nasolabial folds and etched-in lines of the lips and cheeks. I’d like to caution you against seeking treatment based on specials or promotions. In my experience, this is more likely to result in false expectations and poor outcomes. You get what you pay for! Seek out a an experienced board certified aesthetic dermatologist who specializes in dermal filler and can make the best recommendations for your unique goals, and safely and expertly perform the treatment.  

Sue Ellen Cox, MD
Raleigh-Durham Dermatologic Surgeon

Sue Ellen Cox, MD
Raleigh-Durham Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Volift work in cheeks

Volift (Vollure in the United States) is most appropriate for nasolabial folds or the smoker's lines above the lips. Voluma remains the better option for the cheeks in most cases.

Juvederm Volift work in cheeks

Will Volift work in the cheeks?

Thank you for your question.  Volift (marketed as Vollure in the United States) certainly can be injected into the cheeks, and will provide some degree of volume and lift in the area.  That said, Voluma is a slightly denser filler, with better lifting abilities, and is a superior product for injection into the cheeks.  I would recommend consulting with a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns and to determine the best treatment plan for you.  Best of luck!

Faiyaaz Kalimullah, MD, FAAD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Will Volift work in the cheeks?

Faiyaaz Kalimullah, MD, FAAD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Volift versus Voluma

Voluma is superior to Volift for the cheek area.  Voluma gives an instant lift to the mid-face area.  I would consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with facial injections for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Juvederm Volift versus Voluma