How many grams would need to be taken off 30H breasts to get to a 30FF/G cup size? (UK)

I don't understand the measurement of grams in terms of breast reduction, so my question is really to get an idea of how many grams equate to a cup size. At the moment I am trying to decide on the most I can reduce by while maintaining good bodily proportions. Any help is very much appreciated! :) Thanks!

Breast reduction

I would of course advise you are assessed by a fully qualified plastic surgeon who is experienced in breast reduction surgery. A breast reduction is also about lifting of the breast and improving the shape as well as a reduction in volume. They will be able to give you a good idea of how much will need to be removed and where from to achieve your goals. Bra cup sizes can be misleading with quite different sizes depending on the manufacturer. In general it is said a cup size equates to approximately 100-150g in breast tissue weight. How that reduction in weight then changes the shape and volume is determined by the technique and composition of the breast.

All the very best,

Jonathan Adamthwaite FRCS (Plast)

Liverpool Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction in a relatively thin patient

I've deviced a way to correlate bra size with grams for sizing breasts.  As a 30H bra size, every 100g equals to approximately 1 cup size. If interested, I can explain it in more detail. I've also deviced a way to reduce breasts successfully without a vertical incision. Attached is an example of a woman who underwent The Horndeski Method without implants or the dreaded vertical scar. You are welcome to view my gallery to view more examples. Best wishes, 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction - how many grams need removed?

Thank you for your question. In order to accurately assess the amount of breast tissue which needs removed in order to reach your desired cup size, my best advice to you is to schedule a personal consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Please also be advised that if you are trying to have your Breast Reduction surgery covered and paid for by your health insurance company, many plans actually require that a predetermined minimum number of grams be removed based on your Body Surface Area - (height and weight) - NOT your BMI. 

How many grams would need to be taken off?

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  Unfortunately there is no correlation between gram size and cup size, and much like a breast augmentation, the best way to achieve your desired goals is to speak openly with your surgeon about your expectations.  Your surgeon is striving to remove enough breast tissue to improve your enlarged breast symptoms, while still maintaining your breasts proportional in size to the rest of your body.  Hope this helps.

Thank you for the question and congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

There is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery.

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon (who you should choose very carefully). Most patients wish to achieve enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso. 

With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) very helpful.  For example, I have found that the use of words such as “proportionate” or “FF or G cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

Once you have communicated your goals carefully, your plastic surgeon will be able to provide you with an estimation of how much tissue will need to be removed, in order to achieve your desired outcome.

Best wishes with your breast reduction procedure; hopefully you will be very pleased with the outcome of the procedure performed.