Breast implants wanted, post double lung transplant (August 2015, stable, no problems)

I have had a double lung transplant over a year ago now die to CF I am in great health and very stable, since transplant my breasts aren't the same anymore and it is getting me down so much, my team at Harefield are happy for me to have surgery along with the support of my surgeon who performed my double lung transplant, but finding it hard to find someone willing to do the procedure

BA After Lung Transplant

Dear sproglet8,

So long as you have been clear by a pulmonologist you should be safe to have breast augmentation surgery. Realize that with your immunosuppressive drugs you are at a higher risk of infection with any type of surgery. You really need to be sure you go to someone very experienced to shorten the length of time your surgery requires.

I hope this has been helpful.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Safety is the number one concern with elective surgery

When considering elective cosmetic surgery, the safety and health of our patients is our number one concern.  Someone with a solid organ transplant will need to be on immunosuppresive medications for the rest of their lives.  This increases the chance of infection, poor wound healing and even death.  I personally would not operate on someone with this high of risk.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Keep looking

Congratulations on feeling better and wanting to do something for yourself.

Please keep looking around as you should be able to get this done.