Is the Brava system worth using for good results regarding fat grafting?

I had explant 3 months ago, due to capsulation and had biopsy done for ALCL ( thankfully, was negative) my left breast is very wrinkled compared to the right, and smaller. My surgeon recommends waiting 1 yr and to use the Brava system to help with a better result for the fat graft that he will perform.

Natural breast augmentation with fat grafting

I appreciate your question

I perform a natural breast augmentation with fat. This can be removed from any unwanted areas including the breast itself as part of my lipo-lift procedure. I perform the fat grafting in multiple planes including under the muscle to give the best, most natural enhancement. Fat grafting is a great solution for someone who wants to bring their breast size up a cup or so and use natural tissue vs an implant. However, it can also be combined with an implant or used as a secondary procedure to fill in areas that are flat or thin. It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms or breast feeding. It can be a little lump or hard at first but tends to soften over time.

The brava system sounds good in theory but has a lot of other logistical issues and complications. 

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Fat transfer and BRAVA

I don't use BRAVA but as a patient I would question whether the benefits outweigh the costs / risks. You need to possibly see a lot of results in those who have had brava and maybe have more than one consult to look at results without BRAVA and make your own empowered decision to proceed. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Brava

There is evidence that Brava helps with tissue expansion and improved fat take in fat grafting; however, due to the issues with its use it is very rarely recommended. Brava is associated with significant pain, hassle and blistering of the skin. Most surgeons, including those in our practice, do not use the Brava system. 

Anthony J. Wilson, MD
Portsmouth Physician

There is some evidence that pretreatment with the BRAVA system improved results of fat transplantation.  However this system is no longer available.

I have not found it necessary in my practice.  I perform this procedure on average about once a week.

Fat grafting without Brava

The Brava system is not available anymore and I did not use it routinely. Fat grafting is a great option post explantation and you do it 3 months post explantation. Please see the link.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon