Is the Brava system worth using for good results regarding fat grafting?

I had explant 3 months ago, due to capsulation and had biopsy done for ALCL ( thankfully, was negative) my left breast is very wrinkled compared to the right, and smaller. My surgeon recommends waiting 1 yr and to use the Brava system to help with a better result for the fat graft that he will perform.

Brava

There is evidence that Brava helps with tissue expansion and improved fat take in fat grafting; however, due to the issues with its use it is very rarely recommended. Brava is associated with significant pain, hassle and blistering of the skin. Most surgeons, including those in our practice, do not use the Brava system. 

Portsmouth Physician

There is some evidence that pretreatment with the BRAVA system improved results of fat transplantation.  However this system is no longer available.

I have not found it necessary in my practice.  I perform this procedure on average about once a week.

Fat grafting without Brava

The Brava system is not available anymore and I did not use it routinely. Fat grafting is a great option post explantation and you do it 3 months post explantation. Please see the link.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon