Although Fractional laser resurfacing is an effective treatment for acne scarring, acne is NOT cured by laser treatment.
If you have active acne, prescription medicines may be needed to control acne. It is important to have acne controlled with medications before laser treatment for scars.
Key to an effective laser treatment are these considerations in acne:
• Avoid if treated with Roaccutane in the last 6-months
• Postpone if active acne
• Realistic expectations for improvement, for acne several treatments may be required, each building on the last
• Safety protocol for every patient
• Clear post laser resurfacing instructions
• Use of bio-technology to enhance recovery after laser
• Use of test-patch of laser to avoid risk
• An experienced doctor who has used laser resurfacing for many years with good results
• State-of-the-art modern laser designed for safety and fast recovery