How to choose a clinic for CoolSculpting?

I am considering CoolSculpting for tummy and love handles and there are many clinics in London offering the treatment. How to choose the right one? They all looking pretty similar. Some of them are even offering very reduced prices... Any advice?

Choosing a CoolSculpting provider

Hello. It can be very confusing trying to decide who to choose for this procedure. First, make sure your physician is board-certified. As a board-certified plastic surgeon, when a patient visits my office we have every option available to address abdominal contouring. If you are not a candidate for CoolSculpting, I can discuss with you other body contouring modalities, such as liposuction and tummy tuck. I think this is an extremely important point, so you are not guided to one treatment because that is all that can be offered at that facility.  There is often the misperception that nonsurgical treatments at a plastic surgeon's office will cost more than at other facilities, and this is rarely the case. 

Please remember this procedure has the ability to give beautiful results on the appropriate candidates, however, it can still result in permanent contour irregularities if not used correctly. 

Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Choosing the Right Physician

Coolsculpting is a fabulous procedure and it is very important to find the correct physician to perform the office. I would consult a board certified dermatologist with years of expertise who is certified in Coolsculpting for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green

CS onsultation

I would strongly recommend that you seek consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon who can discuss and offer all options, including liposuction and other surgical procedures, not just noninvasive procedures such as coolsculpting.   

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Comfort

It's very important to feel comfortable with the doctor who is treating you. This treatment is called CoolSculpting because we really have the ability to "sculpt the body"! That being said, you should have a consultation with a couple of the doctors in the area and see which approach you feel comfortable with. Its important they explain it may take a couple sessions and the location of the application should eliminate the fat you don't like, while leaving your feminine curves.

Janet Allenby, DO
Delray Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

How to Choose a Cool Sculpting Clinic

Dear Maria, That's a great question. In Central Ohio there are many locations for Cool Sculpting but we believe we offer the best situation. By that I mean, myself and my board certified partners oversee the program. We have only Cool Sculpt Certified RN's that run our program and do full physical assessments and consultations on all clients. The RN's determine if cool sculpting can achieve their goals and if not, have me assess them for surgical intervention. If you go to a location that is not truly a medical office you probably only get cool sculpting point of view. I would seek a medical practice in your area that has booth, that is most likely going to get you the best chance at an accurate and honest opinion. Best of Luck!

How to choose a clinic for CoolSculpting - tips from Revere

That's an excellent question. Many clinics are offering the CoolSculpting treatment, but not all of them will be able to give you great results. Watch out for the following potential pitfalls when shopping around for Coolsculpting:

1. Whatever you do, insist on seeing as many of the clinics own before and after images, testimonials and videos. Look at the images, not just for the bulk reduction, but the quality of the sculpting too.

2. Walk away if the practice doesn't offer the original Zeltiq system or quote you a price without mapping you thoroughly.

3. Many clinics may try to gain your business on price with an inadequate mapping process. Always ask if you're likely to require further treatments to achieve the results as demonstrated by the images they show you.

4. If you're on a budget, It is unwise to treat a given body part partially if multiple cycles are recommend for that area. To give a natural result, applicators are often overlapped and failure to do this in the quest to save money can lead to the appearance of "scooping of fat" with irregular contours being created. They are are notoriously difficult to correct later. At Revere, we'd say you're better waiting, treat one area perfectly before moving onto the next.

Wishing you well on your Coolsculpting journey!

Sach Mohan, MD
London Physician

Choosing the right clinic.

Thank you for your question! What an important question! The answer may be that CoolSculpting isn’t the best treatment for you. Besides always consulting with a board certified doctor, because experience is important; check out what other treatments the clinic offers. There are many different treatment options and CoolSculpting isn’t right for everyone. At Key Laser we offer, CoolSculpting, UltraShape, Vanquish, ThermiSmooth Body, Cellfina and SculpSure. Make sure there is a doctor on site. The best price isn’t always the best deal. You should be willing to travel and pay a little higher rate for experience and peace of mind. Good luck!

Douglas J. Key, MD
Portland Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

Hello, thank you for your question. I would recommend that you seek out a qualified board certified plastic surgeon in your area with expertise in these procedures. I would recommend that they had experience in body contour  procedures including surgery. I  recently saw in my clinic this morning a patient who was referred for a cool sculpting consult. Unfortunately, she was not a good candidate in that she had some loose skin and too much abdominal fat that she would benefit from this treatment. I have seen in some of the clinics and medical spas that no additional options were given to the patient. A Tummy tuck would be a much better option for this patient should she decide to have surgery.  I did not think she would be a good candidate for cool sculpting. A comprehensive   approach that incorporates both invasive and noninvasive options gives the patient the most and best choice is. Best of luck with this decision.

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Choosing the right Coolsculpting clinic

This is a good question. I would make sure the clinic offers the CoolAdvantage and Zimmer Z wave. These make for better treatments (more comfortable, shorter, and more results). Make sure you are actually getting a Coolsculpting machine and not a knock off. Also, make sure there is experience in using the machine.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

See an experience doctor

There are a ton of options when it comes to cool sculpting, unfortunately they're not all good ones. In my opinion it is best to go to a clinic where they offer both surgical and non surgical treatment options. Typically these types of clinics have doctors who understand the aesthetics in getting you the best results. They also understand who isn't a good candidate which is sometimes even more important. You will be much happier to pay a little extra money and have a lot better results. Best of luck

~Dr. Sieber