Coolsculpting flop?

I had cool sculpting done 3 months ago Spend 7 hrs and $4500 and pain afterwards I am in my 50s had 3 c -sections and have loose skin in lower abdomen but after 2 months start having loose skin under my breast middle abdomen and lower abdomen and back bra roll got ... worse and start feeling very uncomfortable when sitting and bending forward and look like Michellen tyre cortoon and it has been worsening ... My weight remain 140 lbs ( height 5'5") and activity and diet remain same

CoolSculpting and Loose Skin

CoolSculpting eliminates the fat cells, but does not usually tighten already loose skin.  The skin may appear looser because there is less fat in the area to fill it out.  See a board certified plastic surgeon to see what your best options may be.  An abdominoplasty can help tighten the skin in the area for the result you might be looking for.  

Unsatisfactory CoolSculpting Results

Thank you very much for your question. CoolSculpting can provide an excellent fat elimination option for many people. Unfortunately, once the fatty tissue is eliminated, lax skin will remain. Good tissue elasticity is necessary to ensure the skin bounces back to its original shape once the fat dissolves. From your description, it sounds like you may be dealing with excess, stretched skin around your mid-section. A tummy tuck or body lift may be needed to eliminate this lax tissue. I recommend bringing your concerns to your CoolSculpting provider, for their advice on how to proceed.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Problems after Coolsculpting

It seems like the Coolsculpting has reduced the amount of fat in the treatment locations, only to reveal the excess skin and make it look worse. Unfortunately, Coolsculpting doesn't do much skin tightening, it only reduces the fat in the area. I recommend you discuss your concerns with your provider and even consider seeing a plastic surgeon for a second opinion. Considering you are only 3 months out from your treatment, you may see some additional changes / improvements over the next 3 months.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

What to do with my CoolSculpting results?

Hello hadrab,

Thank you for sharing your question and concerns. I am a little confused as to what you are asking and would like to achieve because it sounds as though the areas treated with CoolSculpting did in fact reduce the fat of your abdomen and bra rolls which led to the appearance of saggy skin. CoolSculpting is not a tool to tighten skin only reduce the fat cells under the skin. There are many RF technology machines available to help with skin tightening and improving overall contour however your desire may outpace the technology and to achieve your desired outcome may need to proceed with liposuction and "tummy tuck". Have a consultation with a surgeon who performs both the surgical and non-surgical procedures we are discussing to plan your next move. Best wishes.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Coolsculpting flop

Coolsculpting is a non-invasive way to reduce pinchable fat. Unfortunately, it does not work on skin laxity. It sounds like the Coolsculpting worked to remove the fat in the areas you wanted and left you with skin laxity. My suggestion would be to have a in person consult with a board certified Dermatologist or Plastic surgeon to determine  what would procedure would provide you with the results you desire.

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

It is hard to evaluate if you are a good candidate for this without a picture or in person evaluation.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Getting the Results You Want with Coolsculpting--Add Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra

This is tough to answer without before and after pictures.  With Coolsculpting, I recommend adding a combination of radiofrequency treatments like Vanquish, Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra for skin tightening and with Z wave/Cellutone for skin smoothing in order to get the best results. However, it sounds like you have greater skin laxity which would make you a candidate for a tummy tuck and VASER liposuction, which could be done at the same time. I recommend VASER HI DEF in combination with ThermiRF, ultrasound and fat grafting to get the most fat removal, contouring and skin tightening. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a HI DEF physique expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Coolsculpting flop?

Sounds like the coolsculpting was a success in removing fat, but there was extra skin in the treated areas that is now loose after the fat removal. Coolsculpting was never intended to tighten skin and does not tighten skin. There are procedures to tighten skin invasively like tummy tucks or non-invasively like Thermitight. Give the areas time to settle down and speak to your surgeon when all is stable and go from there. Good luck. 

Robert Graper, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon