Is it possible that my body absorbs Juvederm? It disappears within two days every time I use it. (photo)

Drs, I used a whole vial of juvedern I have very very little in my lips no one notices and difference me either !!!! Your saying it's not possible???? Does perlane last longer? why the swelling goes down and I have nothing after 2 days

Is it possible that my body absorbs Juvederm? It disappears within two days every time I use it.

It’s not possible for your body to dissolve Juvederm in two days, it most likely is the swelling that has settled 

Juvederm absorption

Juvederm does not dissolve quickly but the longevity depends on where and how it is injected.  For instance, if it is injected deep below the skin into fat, it will spread out and the volume effect will be lost.  It needs to be injected into a specific tissue plane such as the deep dermis of the skin or under the muscle on the bone.  The area of injection also determines how long you will see the result, For example, injections around the eyes can last for many years while in the lips the duration is closer to 8 months.  It is most important to go to an experienced injector who has extensive knowledge of the facial anatomy and which injectable product is best used where.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Body absorbing Juvederm

Juvederm fillers generally last for 6-12 months. In certain areas the filler can break down quicker then other areas but not in 2 days.  The lips tend to swell after injections and im guessing you think the product is going down but in reality its the swelling subsiding. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

My body absorbs Juvederm quickly

It is possible for one body to absorb Juvederm more quickly than another, but this cannot occur in 2 days' time. I have seen people who think they got a full syringe, and come to find out, they did get a syringe - of the half size. Make certain you are getting a 1cc syringe of Juvederm first off. Secondly, Juvederm has to be injected into the correct plane of the skin. If it's injected too deeply, it looks like it's gone; if it's too shallow, it appears white-ish or translucent. And finally, Juvederm is a thinner filler because of its cross-linking. If you want a hyaluronic acid filler with more oomph, then Perlane is a 1cc syringe with larger particle sizes which makes it look bigger. Final thought - make sure you are seeing an expert, board-certified physician for all your fillers.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Juvederm and Absorption

Juvederm is a great long-lasting product for facial injections.  It is not possible that Juvederm can dissolve within two days.  The swelling can go away within a few days but not the product.

Juvederm

While the duration of juvederm and all fillers can be variable, it will not go away in 2 days. With Juvederm you can get some significant swelling which will last a couple of days.  After this goes away, you should still be able to see and feel the  product.  Take a good picture before the injection so you can really compare.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm and absorption in 2 days?

No that is not possible that the Juvederm disappears in 2 days. Probably you are seeing the swelling from the injections disappear in 2 days.