Lip fillers only last one month. Any suggestions?

Hello, my main problem with lip fillers is that they never last more than 1 month on me. 5 months ago i have injected 1ml of juvederm only to be gone in one month. Then 3 months ago i had 2ml perfectha injected with same results & then last month i had also 1ml of perfectha filler injected deep into the lip laterally in hope for more longtevity but with no luck. Please bear in mind that i only go to certified clinics. Also the same problem seems to run in my family. Any suggestions?

I find that fat injection techniques give the best outcomes for permanent lip enhancement

Fillers are usually pretty reliable, but some patients seem to absorb them very quickly. I find that fat injection techniques give the best outcomes for permanent lip enhancement with the softest, most natural results. I would suggest this as an alternative to synthetic fillers.

Find another surgeon

That is not normal.  They are injecting too deep.  You need to find someone that knows how to do this procedure.

Permalip Lip Implant

I suggest that you consider Permalip lip implants.  They provide a permanent way to improve lip fullness and, if done properly, look really natural. The procedure can be done in the office, your lips are numbed and small incisions are made in the corners of your mouth.  The implant, which you size prior to the procedure, is inserted in a small tunnel made through the red portion of your lip.  The upper implant sits low on the upper lip and the lower lip implant sits high on the lower lip.  Positioning them in that way helps to make them look more nature and less "ducky".  These implants can be removed or can be upsized or downsized.  My patients really like them. 

Jenifer L. Henderson, MD
Silverdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

Hello, Thank you for your question. Based on your goals, you may want to consider a fat transplantation. Fat transplantation, or fat grafting, involves the removal of a specific amount of fat from your body so it can be re-injected into your face. The donor site is an area that has a readily available supply of subcutaneous fat, such as the abdomen or thighs—areas that you may find look more toned to a certain extent afterwards! This method of facial contouring can resolve such concerns as nasolabial folds (creases extending vertically on either side of the nose to the mouth) and thin or asymmetric lips (lip augmentation).  I'd recommend speaking to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine if you're a good candidate for this procedure. Take care.

Lip fillers only last one month.

Thanks for your question.
If you like there is a permanent lip implant that you can use.  Its called Surgi-sil Permalip.  I have done many of them with great results and happy patients.  And if ever you dont like them they can be pulled out.  The scar is minimal and it can be done under local just like going to the dentist for a dental procedure.  I have a picture of one on instagram if you like to see at #drsaullahijani.  It works well and you dont need to keep redoing your lips!!

Thank you

Saul Lahijani, MD
Los Angeles Physician

Lip Fillers and not lasting

It is possible that you need more filler in your lips to keep the desired effect.  I suggest layering of product with Restylane and Juvederm for longevity.  Please take photos to compare the results. Best, Dr. Green