Can I get liposuction just to my back with fat transfer to my butt?

Even if a doctor has told me he didn't want to do it cause I need a tummy tuck cause I have a overlap stomach but that's not what I want

It is possible BUT you may not have enough back fat. It really depends on how much of a butt augmentation you want. A physical examination is needed to determine this.

Brazilian butt lift

Yes your back can be liposuctioned and this fat transferred to your buttock but most people do not have that much fat on their back so it is not clear how much of a butt lift that you would get.

Liposuction of the back with fat grafting to the buttocks can provide good results. however, better results can be achieved with contouring of the entire pelvic region including the lower abdomen and flanks.

Misbah Khan MD, FAAD, FACMS

Back liposuction and free fat transfer to the buttocks

It is certainly possible to have a liposuction of the back and use the fat for a free fat transfer to the buttocks. The question would be whether you have enough fat on your back to achieve the result you would like in the buttocks. If you do not, you could consider other additional liposuction areas. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in both liposuction and free fat transfer. Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Back Liposuction and buttock augmention

The two procedures, back liposuction and buttock augmentation go extremely well together. Usually, enough fat can be harvested from the back liposuction to properly augment the buttocks. Also, the contouring of the back, especially the lower back, will further enhance the results of buttock augmentation.

Ramin Behmand, MD

Yes, that is part of the standard Brazilian Butt Lift

Typically for fat transfer to the buttocks (commonly called a Brazilian Butt Lift,) fat is harvested from several areas, most commonly the waistline (flanks,) abdomen, and Back fat. The fat is then placed in the buttocks. This is a great procedure and one of the most common that I do.

Best regards, Dr. Lane F. Smith (Smith Plastic Surgery Institute.)

Lane Smith, MD

Yes, I do this all the time.

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA