Crease above belly button after liposuction in the tummy and hips/flanks, what is going on here?

It has been two weeks since my surgery, which, I realize is not enough time to see full results. But, there was a crease above my belly from day 1. My doctor advised me to massage in circular motions, which I have been doing. What is going on here? Is this going to be permanent? It looks awful. Please help!!

Crease and irregularities after abdominal liposuction

Hello Ofeliabee- I need a before (prep) photo of your abdomen before commenting on your results regarding any irregularities and the crease. Please post. Swelling does have a significant impact on results, so continue with your surgeon and his/her suggestions, especially regarding the massaging. Time and massaging always helps. Good luck

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

Can you post some pre-op photos? It's hard to know what is happening without examining you. It could be from the swelling/garments or having too much fat taken in that area BUT only an examination will indicate the actual cause. You should follow the advice of your PS for now. If you want a second opinion, see a Board Certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Healing After Abdominal Liposuction

Healing After Abdominal Liposuction

It is difficult to understand what is going on from this photo.

This may be garment related or swelling related.

Pre-op photos would help, what does your doctor advise?

Crease above belly button after liposuction

Hello!! You are just begining the healing process and it is hard to tell what the crease is. It is important to make sure you have even compression when wearing your compression garment. There are about 3 months of swelling as well and the abdomen will change gradually. Please follow the doctor´s instructions to ensure the best results. You should also be having many post surgery checkups where the doctor can monitor your recovery.

Alfonso Gonzalez Cepeda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal crease

Preoperative photos and your history would be helpful. If you had laxity prior to liposuction from weight gain and loss or pregnancies this could be that laxity. It also could be from disproportionate removal of fat in that area causing the dermis to stick down to the fascia. Obviously examining you would also allow a more precise answer

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Abdominal crease after surgery

Hi Ofeliabee,

Its hard to tell what is happening here. I would follow your surgeons advise about massaging and ask to see your pre op photos to see if there was a smaal crease there before surgery. Often, with continued compression and massage, there is improvement. Good Luck. Beverly Friedlander, MD

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon