Lip Injections at Age 16? (photo)

I am interested in having my upper lip enhanced. How much would it cost to get this done? Is it possible to get half a syringe of Juvederm since I don't need that much plumping up?

Lip augmentation at age 16

The beauty of hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm, Restylane, or Belotero for lips is the ease of treatment AND the fact that it is not permanent if you are not satisfied with how you look after the treatment. In my practice, a full syringe is $500 and a half syringe is $350. Please remember, your results depend upon the skill and experience of your physician injector.

Lip augmentation at age 16

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Keeping a Natural Lookhttp://www.goldskincare.com/dermal-fillers/

At age 16, the first thing that we would do is to sit down with you, and your parents, and find out why you would want this done and then determine if this is something we would recommend or to defer to a different point in your life.

As others have mentioned, you would need your parents sign a consent form for you, so you would need their support before proceeding anyfurther.

If there is a legitimate reason to do this, and there may not be, you can have either Restylane, Juvederm, or Belotero to the upper lip area. And it should be done by a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon — someone very skilled in what they are doing for you. And remember, we use what is needed, keeping things natural, and if there is medicine left over, it is discarded as we do not keep it once the session is over.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Lips in the young

This is a difficult question. Legally we cannot inject the lips of a minor without the parents consent. 

Secondly you appear to have full lips now. Don't get the wrong idea of what is aesthetically pleasing. It is a balance of the whole face that looks nice. The over done look of the lips really can make a poor outcome.

Be careful there are a lot of people out there who will recommend injections merely becomes of the income it generates their practice. 

I recommend seeing a board certified surgeon and getting a true recommendation after discussing your goals and what really bothers you.

Hope this helps.

DrC

Benjamin Caughlin, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lips in the young

Hope this helps.

DrC

Benjamin Caughlin, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip enhancement

The best part of injectable lip enhancement is that it is long-lasting, but not permanent. If you feel that you are mature and informed enough to make this decision, and your parents agree, injectable lip enhancers can be a great option for you. I have significant experience working with lip enhancers and they are a safe and effective treatment when applied by a trained professional. While it takes about 2 days for the swelling to go down, the results are long-lasting. Most clients need 1-2 syringes for a dramatic effect, but some require more. This depends on the amount of product you need to achieve your desired lip volume. Be wary of pricing that is overly discounted. Lip augmentation requires a great deal of precision and skill and can really alter the balance of your face when done poorly. If you have questions or concerns, it is recommended that you contact your provider as soon as possible! Best of luck!

Lip enhancement

Lip Injections at Age 16

At this age you need to have parental consent for the injections.  You could have a small amount of product injected into the top lip and have a very pretty result.  Please consult with an expert in lip injections.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Injections at Age 16

Lip Injections?

Thank you for your question!  I suggest you seek a board certified plastic surgeon, or nurse injector for a consultation.  With you being only 16 years old you will need a parent or guardian with you.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval Patel Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Chicago Hoffman Estates Oak Brook

Lip Injections?

Lip enhancement

At your age, you will need parental or guardian consent.

The exact dosing for you can be determined in consultation with your cosmetic physician with an in-person evaluation, as this will allow for a better assessment of your concern. Generally, clinics provide a per syringe price, and this can be anywhere from $550 to $850 in Toronto, Ontario. For minor wrinkles, less than a full syringe may be needed while for a dramatic enhancement, one syringe or more may be required.

Lip enhancement

Lip Injections at a young age

Injections of this type are usually done on people over 18 and if you should elect to do this procedure, your parent will need to consent to it on your behalf. With that being said, there are smaller size syringes available of both Restylane (.5ml) and Juvederm (.4ml so a bit less than a 1/2 size), which are both HA fillers often used in the lips. It is usually advisable to follow the natural shape of your lips, and I don't often recommend only injecting into just the top lip, because you can sometimes get a puffed up, fish pout look. So, please make sure you visit a very experienced injector, and don't search for prices, but experience. In my office this procedure would be $300-$325 (basically exactly 1/2 the price of a full syringe since it's about 1/2 the size) depending on if you were getting Restylane or Juvederm.

Lip Injections at a young age