Best Permanent Lip Augmentation

Is Lip augmentation via Fat grafting permanent? I'm thinking of having Lip augmentation done with Fat grafting. How much does it run? Is it permanent?

Permanent lip augmentation methods

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

We have a large series of lip augmentation patients who have had fascial-fat grafts from their own bodies (autologous nontraumatized fascial fat grafts). This method has proven very reliable at achieving soft, full results. We have found it to be much more reliable than fat injections, probably because the grafts do not need to be aspirated and then injected the way fat injections do. The grafts cannot be rejected because they come from the patient's own tissues.

I would strongly caution heavily against the use of silicone in any form for the lips, or any semi-permanent filler for that matter. Silicone and Artecoll and ArteFill can cause a huge chronic sweliing reaction over the years that becomes disfiguring and often uncorrectable in some patients.

Even patients injected with microdroplets of silicone can develop a blunting of the vermillion border and white roll of the lip that looks as though swollen lips had been sanded down. Silicone can run downhill and cause a very characteristic "trout lip" deformity over the years; several celebrities who have this have been public about their use of silicone.

Remember, anything but your own tissue has no defense against infection, or colonization, that is bacteria setting up shop in or on top of the filler.

Lip augmentation with fat grafting or autologous fascial fat grafts runs from $1500 to $5000 depending on the technique, anesthetic method, etc.

On a temporary basis, hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm work beautifully and have low risks.

Lip augmentation

You can use Restylane for lip augmentation , however the results are not permanent.

Fat transfer to the lips, done correctly is permanent and when done right is Not Lumpy.

Silicone injection is NOT legal and not condoned as a filler, It can cause SILICONE GRANULOMAS. The silicone was used extensively in the past, we should learn from the past experisnces with the terrible granulomas we saw later.

FAT IS SUPERIOR IN THE PROPER HANDS OF A BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON.

Permanent Lip Augmentation

Hi there-

I would wholeheartedly agree with Dr. Moelleken- permanent lip augmentation by injection of silicone is too prone to long term complications and irreversible deformity for me to recommend it to my patients- no matter what the technique is. It may give you a pleasing initial outcome, but with time the silicone will absolutely coalesce and run (with gravity), causing deformity which can be impossible to improve once it has occurred.

Using your own tissues, and especially with fascial fat grafting, the pleasing initial result can be trusted to be maintained over the long term, without fear of migration or long term deformity.

Fat transfer to lips

Fat transfer is a viable option for lip enhancement. Fat has risks such as clumping, uneven resorption and asymmetry. We have a technique to break down the fat into a very smooth paste, making it less viscous and more even. This allows more accurate placement of the fat with less clumping. In theory, it should increase the amount of fat staying behind, however, that needs to be determined by studies. We usually recommend fillers initially if you haven't tried it already.

Fat should stay permanently after the initial resorption. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Permalip is best

I like Permalip for permanent lip enhancement. It comes on 3 vertical sizes so you can decide with your surgeon which way to go.  Always try an injectable first before doing something permanent.  And permalip is reversible if needed.

T.G. Khan, DO, FACS
Fort Lee Oculoplastic Surgeon

LIp Enhancement with Dermal Fillers

Whether you’ve noticed your lips thinning over time, or simply want fuller lips, JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC or RESTYLANE SILK can give you natural-looking results that lasts more than 9 months. In fact, 78% of people treated experienced improvement in satisfaction with the look and feel of their lips 1 year later!

The cost of a single 1ml syringe will vary within $50-$100 between competitive practices. We suggest finding a reputable practice with expert injectors for the blend of science and artistry!

#lipenhancement #JuvedermUltra #RestylaneSilk

Lip Augmentation

Over the 20 years I have been injecting I have seen so many patients who have had "permanent" injections and were unhappy with the results.  Filler such as Restylane and Juvederm are ideal since they last a long time and as your face changes with aging, the filler that looks good today in your lips may not be the filler that you should have 20 years from now.

Lip Implants a Permanent Solution

Several methods exist to plump up your lips. Fillers work very well but, of course, are not permanent. Fat injections are a bit unpredictable but can be a long-lasting solution.

My favorite procedure for lip augmentation is to use permanent , soft implants (PermaLip by Surgisil). They can be placed under local anesthesia in just a few minutes are the cosmetic result is wonderful. If for some reason you are unhappy with the appearance, the implants can be removed, although I have not had any patient request removal.

Permanent Lip Augmentation

Many of the posts have discussed the negative effects of silicone lip implants and I believe that most of them are referring to injectable silicone. This is not to be confused with the Permalip silicone implant. I have been using the Surgisil lip implant for about 4 years now and have seen great results. The Surgisil implant is soft and compressible, does not break down or become incorporated into the normal tissue, and I have not seen it negatively effect the normal lip tissue. It is not a way to achieve extremely large lips, but is a great way to achieve a natural result in which the normal volume of the lip has been permanently restored. 

Permanent may mean a permanent bad result

There are way too many bad things that can happen with 'permanent' lip augmentation procedures that I would strongly advise you to avoid them.  Remember that 'permanent' means 'permanent.' If you don't like it, you're stuck with it. In my opinion, the hyaluronic acid injectables like Juvederm and Restylane are the best products for lip augmentation and they can last up to a year. If you don't like your result, it will eventually go away or hyaluronidase can be injected to dissolve the product.  I see so many bad results from fat injections into the lips that I would advise against this procedure.