Tummy tuck incision line won't heal 3 weeks post op...help! (Photo)

I had a tummy tuck 3 weeks ago and have had nothing but healing issues. I have been on antibiotics since before the surgery, non-smoker, eat healthy, and am not a diabetic. I have another area that is on my left hip that is hurting like hell! This area almost appears to be like flesh is coming out of the area. It does not look like my suture line is open if that makes sense. I noticed this after surgery and was old it was where the ps pulled tight and "anchored" it?

TT wound healing issues

Hi Jas

Sorry about your difficulties.

I really can't say exactly what is going on or exactly why.  I will tell you that it will be a long slog once you are in this position, so be brave and patient.  Even if a bad scar results, it can be fixed later.

I can only make a generic recommendation.  You need frequent follow up visits with your doctor.  What has me concerned is the painful site.  Pain at this point in recovery, especially with your history, must be assumed to be an infection until proven otherwise.

Go see him.

TT wound healing issue

Thank you for your question. Look like a minor wound healing issue. I recommend to express your concerns with your PS and follow instructions from your PS

Tummy tuck concerns

Based on your description and photo I would suggest you visit your plastic surgeon for advice on how to properly address the areas that concern you.  He/She is most familiar with the details of your surgery and how you are progressing through recovery.

Camille Cash, MD

Your incision

It looks like a minor wound healing issue at this time but best to see your PS for his/her advice.  From the photos, it looks like the majority of the incision is healing uneventfully.  

Thank you for your question an the photo. If you are still dealing with serious healing issues 3 weeks after your procedure it is important to make an appointment with your surgeon and have him check you personally again. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD