Ice after mole shaved?

I had a very large mole shaved off my back today and sent in for a biopsy. They removed it because it was very painful and Dr. was concerned it could be cancer. It's been about 4 hours since it was done and the site has become painful. Is it OK to ice the area?

Icing on and off will not hurt you or the area.  Be sure to follow your doctor's advice for care of the shaved area and take an over the counter pain reliever such as Tylenol or it's generic if recommended by your doctor.

Ice after mole removal?

It won't hurt you to ice it. But it may be more effective to take Tylenol. "This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."