Want to know if I have telogen effluvium or MPB (Photo)

Hair started to fall out 3 months after I had depression and gained weight have high cholesterol or had the whole year also have a hyperthyroidism i don't know if I still have it I'm on meds for it stoped as soon as I felt better but now I'm losing my hair from my crown and back of head very fast every time I shower or comb my hair with gel hairs fall out with the roots more then normally I also had a severe case of dandruff before all this happend I was using head and shoulders

Telogen Effluvium, MPB and/or Thyroid condition etc

You need to be seen by a hair specialist to evaluate your thinning hair and flaky scalp to obtain a proper diagnosis.  Your flaky dandruff condition may be due to seborrheic dermatitis that may be contributing to your hair loss on top of possible telogen effluvium and/or male pattern baldness.  You may also need blood work again to evaluate/ monitor your thyroid condition and look into other medical conditions such as anemia, other hormone imbalances, etc., which can contribute to hair loss.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

You need to see a doctor for a proper exam if you want a proper diagnosis. Photos and the Internet is not the right place to re

You need to see a doctor for a proper exam if you want a proper diagnosis.  Photos and the Internet is not the right place to find your diagnosis.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Spironolactone

I  suggest you see an expert for a formal evaluation to determine what is causing your hair thinning/loss. There are many different non-invasive options for treating hair loss. Rogaine works well for hair loss, but best in combination with PRP/ progesterone. Transplantation is another option. Best, Dr. Emer

Telogen Effluvium

Your hair loss and history is compatible with telogen effluvium. However, that does not exclude hair loss due to male pattern balding nor thinning due to hypothyroidism. You should be assessed by a dermatologist or your family doctor.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

TE of genetic hair loss

There are tests that can be done to determine this but you need to be in an -in-office' setting to get a definitive diagnosis. Do you come to Los Angeles? If so consider coming to one of our open house events on a Saturday, the next one is August 20th.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

MPB or TE

You certainly have MPB but it is not possible to determine if you also have TE (or another cause) without a careful review of your medical history, examination of your scalp and review of all your blood tests.