Hairline is intact but thin hair above hairline. Am I balding or just thinner hair in one spot? (photo)

I can brush hair forward and it can be covered. When my hair grows longer the Upper left and upper right does not grow as fast. When hair is cut low can't even notice it.

Hairline is intact but thin hair above hairline. Am I balding or just thinner hair in one spot?

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. 

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Balding ??

I am assuming you are in your early twenties, it would be helpful if you could find a photo of your biological father around the same age and take a look at his hair.  This will give you an idea of what to expect now and in the future.  You appear to have the start of male pattern balding.  You should see a hair transplant specialist for an examination which includes a microscopic evaluation.  This study will show if you have miniaturization of the hair in the front compared to other areas of your scalp.  More importantly, there are medications available that can slow down the loss if it is indeed male pattern balding.   Therefore, it is important to get a diagnosis and go forward from there.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you have hair loss and want treatment options, see a doctor for a proper exam to get a diagnosis.

If you have hair loss and want treatment options, see a doctor for a proper exam to get a diagnosis.  Photos may be helpful but it does not substitute for an examination. 

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Balding or thinning?

It's difficult to tell from the photos but this is probable an early thinning pattern consistent with Male Pattern Baldness.But you should rule out other possible causes of loss such as inflammation.I recommend a full evaluation by an experienced Hair Restoration surgeon.

David Deutsch, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Understanding Hair loss and treatment options: prp and progesterone

I suggest seeing a hair loss expert to evaluate and go over your condition and provide you information about your best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like PRP/progesterone and/or hair transplantation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Balding or thinning?

From the picture, you appear to be in the early stages of male pattern balding. Depending upon your age, drug like finasteride might stop it or possibly reverse it. Hair Transplantation will work nicely to fill in the area but taking the drug along with the surgery will stop you from developing shock loss

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon