Hairline is intact but thin hair above hairline. Am I balding or just thinner hair in one spot? (photo)

I can brush hair forward and it can be covered. When my hair grows longer the Upper left and upper right does not grow as fast. When hair is cut low can't even notice it.

If you have hair loss and want treatment options, see a doctor for a proper exam to get a diagnosis.

If you have hair loss and want treatment options, see a doctor for a proper exam to get a diagnosis.  Photos may be helpful but it does not substitute for an examination. 

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Balding or thinning?

It's difficult to tell from the photos but this is probable an early thinning pattern consistent with Male Pattern Baldness.But you should rule out other possible causes of loss such as inflammation.I recommend a full evaluation by an experienced Hair Restoration surgeon.

David Deutsch, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Understanding Hair loss and treatment options: prp and progesterone

I suggest seeing a hair loss expert to evaluate and go over your condition and provide you information about your best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like PRP/progesterone and/or hair transplantation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Balding or thinning?

From the picture, you appear to be in the early stages of male pattern balding. Depending upon your age, drug like finasteride might stop it or possibly reverse it. Hair Transplantation will work nicely to fill in the area but taking the drug along with the surgery will stop you from developing shock loss

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon