21 years old/120 lbs/5'3"/no kids. Mod plus or high profile? 485cc (Photo)

I had my consultation with Dr. Khorsandi last month and scheduled my surgery date for June 26th. We decided on 485 high profile cohesive silicone under the muscle. The only worry i have is would mod plus or high profile achieve the look i want. I prefer a more "natural" look. I don't care too much about upper pole fullness. Would a larger implant in mod plus be better than 485cc HP? Is there a big difference?

Ask your surgeon to show you

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

how the HP and Mod+ implants would sit on your chest and then you should easily be able to choose what you want for your outcome.  Wider implants (Mod+) will give a better cleavage and side boob, assuming it is not excessively wide for your chest.

21 years old/120 lbs/5'3"/no kids. Mod plus or high profile breast implants? 485cc

Thank you for your question.  You have excellent breast anatomy and should achieve a very nice result with breast augmentation.  Your desire photos show a breast with good medial cleavage and "side boob".  The moderate plus profile implant is more likely to achieve the width of breast that you want. Size should depend on a measurement of the base width of your breast.The 485cc implants are large and should be adequate.. For more on sizing please read below:

Trust

Trust in Dr. Khorsandi (he is a good friend of mine).  He knows exactly what is he doing, which is why he is the President of the Las Vegas Society of Plastic Surgeons.  
Dr. Desai
Beverly Hills Institute for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

High or moderate profile?

The choice of which profile implant you use depends primarily on the width of your breast. The narrower you are, the higher the profile, since higher profile implants are narrower. It looks like you have a fairly narrow width based on your photos. If you were my patient, I would be more likely to use a high profile or even ultra high profile depending on your measurements. Best of luck.

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

21 years old/120 lbs/5'3"/no kids. Mod plus or high profile? 485cc

I think that the high profile implant is more attractive for most women. It should also be a little narrower than the moderate plus implant. You don't want the implant to be wider than your natural breast. Based on your wish pictures, I would also suggest the high profile implant. Good luck!

Mod plus vs. high profile

This question can best be answered after obtaining breast measurements such as base width.

You must realize that profile of the implant basically dictates how much the implant sticks out in the forward direction and by how much the overlying breast skin is stretched.

There are low, medium, medium plus, and high profile designs for both round and shaped implants.

When you increase the profile of the implant within an implant of the same volume, you are essentially decreasing the diameter and increasing its outward projection (height) giving it a more ball shape.

Low profile implants have wider diameter and the lowest projection

Moderate profile implants have less projection because of their wider diameter

High profile implants are narrower at the base and consequently have more projection

High profile implants do generally provide a fuller look in both the upper and lower pole. This is why breasts would appear to be more rounded and augmented rather than natural. A natural look implies a slope in the upper pole, and a curvature in the lower pole giving the breast distribution ratio of 45:55. Whereas, with high profile implants, you may get a 50:50 ratio. If you want to avoid top heavy look, then go for the moderate plus profile.

That being said, your chosen profile must be tailored to your breast characteristics and measurements.

If your breast width is small, then a high profile implant will be necessary to provide a better distribution of volume within the breasts. If you have a wider breasts, then you may require low to moderate profiled implants to avoid the “rock in a sock” appearance.

Also note that even if you do get high profile implants, having them placed under the muscle is more beneficial compared to over the muscle placement as the latter comes with increased risk of breast tissue wasting.

Hope this helps.

Best of luck with your surgery!

Implant selection

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your upcoming surgery.  You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  If you desire a more natural look, then moderate profile plus would be better.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Selection of breast implant profile for augmentation

A full or high profile may be best given your goals and existing breast shape and body type.  I would caution not to have your implants placed too close together, as it risks more visibility and palpability (feeling the implant) because your natural tissue thins as the implant is placed closer to the sternum.  It also could result in retraction of the pectoralis muscle (assuming your implants are placed under muscle) with a deep groove in the breast where the edge of the muscle has retracted.  State your goals clearly to your plastic surgeon and have him/her explain the optimal placement and shape of implants for you to make an informed decision.  Best of luck!

Cheers

Brad Remington, MD

Type of the breast implants

Dear cpneudeck,

determining the ideal breast size and matching that goal for the patient is the most difficult part of breast augmentation. It starts and ends with the patient. We have all of our patients find 3 photos of their desired breast size. We ask for naked breast photos because clothing can obscure the true size (push up bras). Next, we consult with patients and go over the photos and take detailed breast measurements during a physical exam. Next, we using a sizing algorithm to determine a range of implants that will work based on the exam and the measurements. Lastly, during the operation, we use silicone sizers in the operating room to see how the size actually looks in the breast. We sit the patient up in the operating room, while asleep of course, and compare the sizer result with their desired look photos. If its too small, we start the process over with a slightly larger implant. We don't stop until we get the perfect match. Of all of my breast augmentation patients, everyone of them have been happy with their size due to this detailed and meticulous process. You don't want to invest time and money into a result that is either too big or too small.

Daniel Barrett, MD, MHA, MS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Member, Am. Society of Plastic Surgery