Does the Forever Young BBL off any skin tightening benefits?

My doctor's office recently began offering the Forever Young BBL treatment. I have seen the information on wrinkle reduction and overall complexion benefits, however I was wondering if there has been any indication of any skin tightening benefit, as well? Thank you

IPL is a photofacial -- get Fraxel with Microneedling or combine with IPL and microneedling/PRP

IPL doesn't do any skin tightening or antiaging, its best for color of the skin.  That is why I typically recommend fraxel or RF treatments like viva, intensif over IPL for both color and texture/antiaging/wrinkles.  You can combine IPL With these treatments as well.  Best, Dr. Emer.

BBL and Skin Tightening

While an extremely effective treatment, the degree of skin tightening with "Forever Young" is highly debated. Consult an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon to understand your options, and the most appropriate treatment.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Forever Young BBL....

Thank you for your question.  BBL is FDA cleared for brown spots, and red spots as well as hair removal and acne.  It is thought the Forever Young BBL procedure changes the expression of genes associated with aging leading to more youthful, radiant skin.  It is not thought to have an effect on skin tightening.  Ultherapy is the only FDA cleared non-invasive procedure that lifts and tightens.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon