How effective is BBL for laser hair removal?

I have VERY pale skin and course, dark hair. Is BBL the right course of treatment for me? Would another type of laser be more effective?

BBL for hair removal can work

BBL is a brand name for IPL (intense pulse light) that is made by Sciton. It is a general light based treatment that can be used for many applications (pigment spots, fine lines, redness, etc.) It can also be used for hair removal. Often times practices will buy it for its multiple applications. Based on your description, you can get good results. However, the alexandrite (755nm) wavelength works very well on your skin type and is more comfortable. This has been shown in studies (comfort). Both IPL and alexandrite are effective in hair removal. Comfort is the only real difference. 

Laser Hair Removal -- Takes a series of treatments

In my practice I use diode lasers for the best outcome. I typically have patients do every 4 weeks for the first 3 times and then every 4-6 weeks for 3 times after. It takes a series of treatments for improvement in hair reduction. I suggest you see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.