After Botox injection, one eyebrow is higher than the other. Can it be fixed? (Photo)

After Botox injection one eye brown is higher then other. Can it be fixed? I don't want wait 6 month. Thanks

Timing of touch-ups after Botox injection

Typically Botox will take 1-2 weeks to take full effect.  At that time if there is any brow asymmetry it is an excellent time to get a "touch-up".  A couple of units of Botox can be used to symmetrize the brows.  

Botox

Using a small amount of botox can help your brow. I suggest seeing the  provider who performed your injections for a follow-up appointment to discuss your concerns and possible touch up injection. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Asymmetric elevation eyebrows after Botox

Botox should only be done by a board certified dermatologist. Good results can be seen when performed by the right physician. Because you have had an untoward result, I would suggest discussing with board certified dermatologist your options at the time of a visit.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox Injections and Brow Asymmetry

This can easily be fixed by a little more botox being injected to the brow that is elevated.  I suggest speaking to a cosmetic dermatologist with experience or going back to your physician for a touch up.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox and Uneven eyebrows

Botox is a great facial injection, especially in the forehead area.  A tiny amount of "baby" Botox placed in the raised area will quickly even the brows.  

Botox

This can happen sometimes with Botox treatments.  Yes, it can easily be fixed with a quick touch-up injection to even the brow appearance and make things look more symmetric. I would return to the injector who did your initial treatment and express your concern.  Botox treatments generally last 3-4 months for most people.

Gregory D. Lewen, MD, FACS
Miami Oculoplastic Surgeon

BOTOX ISSUE

Yes this can be fixed and you need to call your doctor who did the Botox and have them correct it. It should not be an issue and sometimes this happens. There is no need to wait the 6 months to fix this .

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Botox

Yes this can be adjusted.  Additional treatment to the lower eyebrow will lift it to balance the eyebrows.  You do not need to wait 6 months to do this

James Spencer, MD
Saint Petersburg Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox

Thank you for your question and photos.  You can have Botox strategically placed to make it look more symmetrical, but the effects of Botox last about three months.

Botox and Brow

Dear Patient,

It would be great if I can see a picture before botox, and why I am asking you that: because sometimes my patient has asymmetrical face and one eye is higher than the other. In your case I see that your left eye is higher that your right one. Normally in that case the brow is higher. So it is important to check with pre-botox injection photos.
I would recommend talking to your doctor and letting him evaluate you and explain that. He can also compare with you with the PreOp photos and share his knowledge about the botox effect.

Dr. Nabil Fakih

Nabil Fakih, MD
Lebanon Facial Plastic Surgeon