So I did Coolsculpting 60 days ago, I'm not sure if I'm seeing results? (photos)

I went in for my 60 day photos & my pudge looked wider from the front view. They said You lose fat first then the skin starts tightening, even though I didn't have much to lose. From the side it looks noticeably smaller. I took a photo after my cool sculpting procedure was done & today right after my appt. When I compare them side by side I can kind of tell a difference. Would I be able to ask them for my pictures to be emailed too me? What are your thoughts? Which do you think is now & before?

More treatments needed

Coolsculpting is best when performed on an area that has an excess number of fat cells. For example, women say, "When I gain weight, it goes straight to my belly." That means that you were born with more fat cells in your abdominal area. It would be great to perform coolsculpting in that area to reduce the number of fat cells there and make that are more proportional with the rest of your body. Then, if you gain weight, it will be more evenly distributed over your body. It won't just "go straight" to one area.
The fat loss is permanent after Coolsculpting. You typically lose 20-25% of the fat in the area treated, each time you treat it. I have done it to myself and my staff. It is truly effective and has no down time.  You may need multiple treatments so you should speak to your practitioner about what to expect.
Best of Luck,
Sheila Nazarian

Skin tightening and Coolsculpting

Thanks for you question and for posting the photos. I would agree that 60 days is a little to soon to pass final judgment on your treatment. That said I don't promote Coolsculpting as a skin tightening device. It is great at eliminating fat cells, but we see less results with skin laxity. To address this non-invasively consider something like Exilis, ThermiSmooth or SkinTyte treatment. Be well, Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Results after 60 days

The results from Coolsculpting cannot be assessed until 4 months after the treatment.  Some patients need a second treatment depending on the area and the amount of fat in that area.  Best, Dr. Green

So I did Coolsculpting 60 days ago, I'm not sure if I'm seeing results?

Thanks for your question. It takes a full four months for your final result and most people require at least two treatments. I would recommend a second treatment for best results. Best wishes. 

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Cool Sculpting results

It does take up to 3-4 months to see full results from Cool Sculpting.  If you have questions about your results at that time I would contact the office that did your treatment.  Before and After photos should be done at the treatment center.  Also, it is good to keep in mind that with one treatment you should see roughly a 20-25% fat reduction.  

CoolSculpting results

Unfortunately, if you actually measure your body width from hip to hip in the before and after photos, you will notice that the second photo is wider magnification, making everything look larger. Also, without knowing whether you are at the same exact or less (or more) weight than the first gives us no way to make a true evaluation on whether you have gotten results or not.

I would suggest going back to your practitioner who should have weighed you before treatment and taken photos, so you can compare apples to apples.

Deborah Pan, MD
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

Results from Coolsculpting

When consulting with our patients regarding Coolsculpting we recommend that they do at least two treatments.  Some patients may require more than 2 treatments.  Reviewing your photos at all angles with your provider is most certainly helpful, as well as reviewing what other options you have for the type and placement of applicators for optimal results.  In all likelihood, though Coolscultping worked, you may just need more treatments. Good luck 

Grant Stevens, MD

Coolscupting and Results -- Takes 3 months and often needs multiple treatments

you likely need liposuction to get flat stomach, although multiple coolsculptings may help but will need to be combined over time.  Best, Dr. Emer.

CoolSculpting Results After 60 Days

I don't know which applicators were used and exactly where they were placed. Looking at your pictures though you will probably need another round of treatment for optimal results. We give our patients copies of their before and after pictures, so you should ask your provider for yours if you want them. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Coolsculpting results

I would ask your Coolsculpting provider for your before and after photos and follow-up with them to talk about your available options if you are not satisfied with your results. Best of luck!

David P. Rapaport, MD