CoolSculpting error message and mark on the thigh (Photo)

What is thermal event error msg mean? And when the error msg occured i was still under the treatment for about 40~50mins and assistance applied second treatment and same error msg occured after another 30mins. And my thigh was red, burning and swallon for 3days. Now has this mark. Is this gonna get recovered ???

CoolSculpting error message and mark on the thigh

Thanks for your question. A thermal event occurs is the tissue isn't at the recommended temperature during the entire 60 minute. It is a built in safety feature to ensure a safe treatment. It is recommended that the treatment head be replaced and a new cycle is started. You  should follow up with the Physicians office so they can monitor your healing process. Best wishes. 

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Thermal event

The thermal error just means that the temperature was not ideal for the entire treatment.  It seems like the mark is just a bruise and will go away.  As long as you go the correct temperature for 1 hour, you will get a good result.
My best,
Sheila Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

CoolSculpting: Thermal Event Error Message

The Thermal Event Error means that the proper temperature was not maintained for the treatment. Either it was too cold, or not cold enough. This usually happens if the applicator or gel pad were not applied correctly or there wasn't a good enough seal to maintain full contact. The treatment needs to be stopped and the applicator taken off and reapplied. Regarding the mark to your outer thigh, you should follow up with your provider regarding it. Hopefully you had the treatment done under the supervision of a physician. Best of luck.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Coolsculpting Error Message

The treatment should have been stopped and then restarted.  Please speak to your treating physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Coolsculpting and Error Message

Coolsculpting is a great and effective procedure to have a bulge reduced in just one hour. An error message means that the procedure has been stopped.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with Coolsculpting for the best results.

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
When the error message occurs it shouldve been taken off and reapplied. If a second error message then it should been aborted. 
I recommend speaking to your doctor about this or seeing a plastic surgeon experienced in coolsculpting and body conturing.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz