How many post op visits are typical after a Tummy Tuck procedure?

I feel i made a huge mistake in choosing my p.s and do not trust he cares about my health now that he got my money. Would like to know how many visits after tt are usually scheduled. Tk u

Tummy Tuck

Normally 2-3 across 12 months, but it depends on your surgeon. I am sorry to feel you have had an unsatisfactory experience. 

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Post Op Tummy Tuck Care

I am sorry that you have to feel that way. Every surgeon is different with their follow up routine. I like to see my patients within the first week then I see them for a 3, 6, and 12 month follow up unless there are times in between that the want or need to be seen.

Richard J. Brown, MD

TT

Thank you for your question and there are no set visits.  I see patients as their post op condition dictates - some literally every couple days and some weeks apart - the important thing is to give each individual patient the care and attention they need

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

There is no set follow up regimen for this. It varies among different surgeons based on their aftercare protocol for tummy tuck surgery. 
In an uneventful situation my patients are see at one day postop, one week, one month, two months, three months and 6 monthly afterwards for 2 years. 

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS, FACS

Tummy Tuck post operative follow up

Thank you for the question. In my practice the patient will be seen at least 3 times during the first post operative month. Subsequently the patient is seen at least 4 other times during the rest of the first post operative year. Having said that, each surgeon has their own style in the post operative management of the patient. I would suggest to have an honest discussion with your surgeon. This will most likely help allay any anxieties you may be experiencing.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Follow up appointments after tummy tuck

Hi, Ericbella.  Sorry to hear that you have made a mistake in choosing your plastic surgeon.  There is no set frequency and quantity to post-op visits.  Each plastic surgeon may vary in his/her post-operative care.  For me, I see my patients weekly for the first three weeks, then 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, and 6 months.  I may see some patients more frequently if they need it.  If you have any concern with your healing/recovery, you should contact your plastic surgeon to be evaluated.  Good luck.

Visits After a Tummy Tuck

Patient will be seen at the end of day after surgery, then discharged from the surgery center by the plastic surgery the next morning. A few days later is another visit, then a weekly visit. Regular visits are scheduled for the first year. Of course, any time a patient has a concern they will be seen, even if an apointment is not scheduled.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

How many visits are typical?

I'm sorry to hear that your trust in your surgeon has eroded.  I hope that you have a nice result despite this. The amount of postop visits can vary widely, from perhaps a visit the day after surgery, 1 and 2 weeks later depending on drain usage and removal, 6-8 weeks postop, then perhaps 3-6 months after that depending on your surgeon's preference and if you are having no problems.  However, if you have problems with fluid accumulation (seroma) that needs to be drained or wound healing issues, you may need to be seen weekly for several weeks.  There is really not a standard answer.  If you feel that you are not getting your needs met adequately, try to find a non-confrontational way to let you surgeon know.  I'm sure he/she would not want you to be unhappy.  Best of luck with your continued recovery!

Jeffrey A. Sweat, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Typically 3-4 visits if everything goes well. There is usually a need to remove drains and follow up on the wound healing progress.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

The number of visits after tummy tuck surgery will likely vary from one practice to another. In our practice, barring complications, patients are seen about four times during the first post op month and 4 to 6 times during the remainder of the first post op year.

I am hopeful, that with calm/constructive conversation, you are able to communicate your concerns and improve your patient/physician relationship.