Can Thermage be used in conjunction of other treatments to deal with fine lines, sun damage, and rosacea?

Can Thermage be combined with other treatments that will smooth/eliminate fine lines and scars, and improve/eliminate rosacea and sun damaged skin? Thank you, TC

Thermage as a Complementary Procedure

In short, yes. Thermage is a great option for skin tightening on its own, but many patients want to resolve more than 1 concern. It's perfectly safe to combine Thermage with another treatment. Adding a fractional laser treatment can further improve the condition of your skin by gently resurfacing it. Injectable fillers can target specific wrinkles for a truly customized result. Most doctors will be happy to work with you to develop a more comprehensive treatment plan to help you get exactly the results you want. Good luck!

Tucson Dermatologic Surgeon

Thermage isn't a treatment for sun damage and rosacea

Thermage results depend in part on the skin's ability to produce new collagen.  Very sun damaged skin will not respond as well.   A series of fractionated laser resurfacing treatments will do more to tighten and improve texture and color of sun damaged skin. Thermage can be done safely in patients with rosacea and otherwise healthy skin - it wont aggravate their redness or pimples.  However, it is not a treatment for either of those concerns.  Thermage can be used in conjunction with other procedures like pigment or vascular lasers, laser resurfacing, fillers, botulinum toxin and ultrasound. 

Heidi A. Waldorf, MD

Thermage and facial rejuvenation techniques - Williamsville NY

Absolutely. Thermage can achieve tightening of the skin for laxity. Other modalities like fractional lasers can help the texture of the skin. Fillers can help volumize the face from volume loss. IPL can also help rejuvenate your skin and reduce pigmentation. 

Thermage and Other Treatments

Certainly. In fact, I think Thermage is best in combination with other treatment options. Thermage targets the deeper layers of the skin to stimulate tightening and new collagen. There are several other therapies that it can be combined with to get the best possible outcome.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Thermage in combination with other laser treatments

Thermage is excellent in combination with other procedures.  Our practice performs Thermage in conjunction with a fractionated CO2 laser (Smart Skin +).  This combination tightens skin by increasing collagen, smooths lines and wrinkles, and corrects pigmentation issues.  The two procedures complement the results of the other.

Thermage can also be used in conjunction with injectables (Botox, fillers) and with IPL to address pigmentation issues.  Your provider should do a thorough consultation to determine the best treatment plan to meet your needs.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Thermage is best combined with other treatments for sun damage

You asked a very important question.  I always explain to patients that the different lasers have very different goals and area best used to treat your face in combination for the best results.  Thermage works on skin tightening with amazing results.  Thermage, however, will not help improve the texture or sun damage on the skin.  The V-Beam laser effectively treats the rosacea or redness from sun damage and the Fraxel or Clear&Brilliant (mini-Fraxel) treats the pigmentation and fine lines on the skin.  I have videos of all of these procedures posted for you to review.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results.

Thermage With Other Treamtents

Im often doing thermage in combination with multiple lasers and skin care.  A package I offer my patients is pulsed dye/VBEAM laser for redness first, then thermage, then fractional lasers like Clear + Brilliant , Fraxel or CO2 on top with microneedling.  This makes the skin look absolutely amazing.  I suggest finding a cosmetic dermatologist with experience in lasers, radiofrequency and combination treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.