ThermiTight vs. Thermage?

Please explain the difference between these treatments. Alao, which one is better for skin tightening?

Thermage vs. ThermiTight

Thermage is a completely non-invasive method of tightening the skin and producing new collagen.  ThermiTight is semi-invasive where a catheter and anesthesia are utilized to tighten the skin.  I have amazing results with Thermage and would consult an expert in the field.

Thermage

Thermage is non-invasive and uses radiofrequency (RF) to tighten skin. ThermiTight is invasive using a needle to puncture the skin to deliver RF. I have seen better results with Ulthera versus Thermage, and ThermiTight is not used in my practice.

Ava Shamban, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Thermage is a monopolar RF device that is noninvasive and can tighten the skin.

Thanks for the question. Thermage is a monopolar RF device that is noninvasive and can tighten the skin. ThermiRF or ThermiTight also uses monopolar RF energy, but with a minimally invasive needle placed into the skin to cause skin tightening. ThermiRF is becoming more popular and needs to be performed by a skilled provider so make a consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and learn which one might be best for you.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

ThermiTight vs. Thermage

Thermage and ThermiTight are similar in that they both use radiofrequency energy to induce skin tightening. But that is about where the similarities end. Thermage is non-invasive and uses an external applicator pressed up against the skin to deliver the energy from the outside. ThermiTight is minimally invasive, and delivers the radio frequency energy via a probe that is inserted under the skin. After the treatment site is appropriately anesthetized a small puncture is made to the side of the treatment area and then the probe is slowly passed under the skin to be tightened. We have seen some very impressive results with ThermiTight.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon