KTP Laser Best Treatment for Spider Veins on Face?

I am considering having KTP laser treatment to remove--or improve the appearance of--spider veins on and around my nose. I am a 28-year-old male with reasonably fair skin. Most of my spider veins are very thin. From what I have read, I believe that the KTP laser is probably my best bet. How efficacious is it? Can I expect total clearance?

KTP for small veins on nose...

The KTP laser is a great option for little veins and diffuse redness on face and around your nose.  I never tell patients that they should expect 100% resolution with one treatment.  It is fair to say that with 1 to 4 treatments, usually 3 to 4 weeks apart you can achieve optimal results.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens       

KTP laser for spider veins on face?

The KTP laser is an excellent option for treating those small spider veins on the face.  The V-Beam is also another good option but for pin-point results I feel the KTP is the best overall.  You should see an MD who is experienced with this laser as it is easy to be too aggressive and cause skin burns.  I not infrequently see patients who have been treated with too high energy settings at various spas and non-physician offices.

Happy holidays!

Dr. Craig Crippen

Craig Crippen, MD
Kelowna Physician

KTP laser is a good choice for facial telangiectasias

The pulse dye 532 nm KTP laser is a good choice for facial telangiectasias. Remember that these are stubborn veins to treat and more than one session may well be necessary. 

KTP Is A Good Laser for Spider Veins

The KTP is a very good laser to treat telangiectasias of the face. Some physicians prefer the pulsed dye laser such as the V-Beam but both lasers should clear those troublesome blood vessels. It may take a second treatment though. 

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist