How many times can a fat transfer be done on a thin person?

I'm a fairly thin woman (4'11", 95lbs, athletic build). I'm wanting a fat transfer in my breasts to take me up 2 cups sizes and in my butt as well. I know fat transfers can be done on thin people as I've seen it done on people thinner than I am with great results. But I was wondering how many times a woman my size can get a fat transfer and what my realistic results would be. I don't want implants in my breasts at all. But may do them in my butt if multiple fat transfers is not doable.

Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

Thank you for your question. About 60-70% of the grafted fat survives.  At 6 months you will have a good idea of your results. Some women have a second or third procedure which continues to increase your volume safely. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon

The number of transfers is dependent upon the amount of donor fat available and the amount of scar tissue in the recipient area. If you are very thin, you may not be able to have repeated transfers. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and realistically discussing your options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer in a thin patient

Hi.  Fat transfers can certainly be done in thin people, but it really comes down to how much extra fatty tissue any given patient has available to be able to use and reinject.  Based on your description, I would not expect you to have very much additional fatty tissue.  However, that certainly emphasizes the need for an in person consultation so that your surgeon can evaluate you and can give you hopefully realistic expectations regarding possible results.  I would recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon with good experience in this area.  Good luck and take care.  Dr. Howell

Fat transfer

It all depends upon your exam but it doesn't sound like you would have enough fat for breasts and buttocks. You can repeat fat grafting, but usually by using new areas which were not liposuctioned before.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.

Fat Transfer

Given your height and weight it will be difficult to find adequate fat for more than one procedure on one body part. I perform hundreds of fat grafting procedures on slim patients, and I give them a very realistic assessment as to what they can expect in terms of size increase.  Most patients within your range can expect about 1 cup size, maybe and I mean maybe 1.5 cups.  Without an in-depth consultation, it's difficult to give you an exact assessment.

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon