Breast fat transfer? (photo)

I was wondering if I would be a good candidate for a breast fat transfer. I'm currently a 34b, I'd like to go up to at least a 34d. I want natural looking breasts. Would a breast fat transfer help make my breasts look a little bit perkier? I was hoping I wouldn't need a lift. I'd like to remove a good amount of weight from my stomach, back and arms, I'm not really interested in removing fat from my lower half. Also how much fat would be expected to survive? And what's the price range? Thank you.

#breastaugmentation #breastimplants #plasticsurgery

Hello ARO, We strongly encourage you to seek the advice of a plastic surgeon with these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery -- The gold star symbol
*A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) -- The circle symbol
*A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) -- the Queen Nefertitti symbol with a Triangle.  At our office here at CARE, we're very pleased to offer multiple financing options including CARE Credit and Alphaeon Credit. is also an excellent resource to view average pricing by geographic locale. I hope this information is helpful and I wish you all the best in your plastic surgery journey. Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. Kind regards, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS     CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer vs Breast Implants

Thank you for your question. You seem to be a good candidate for breast augmentation. Fat transfer might not give you the aesthetic you desire. You can expect 60% of the fat to live forever, usually resulting in a one cup size increase. Fat transfer is great for addressing asymmetry or adding a small amount of volume. If you wish to go from a B cup to a D cup, you might want to consider breast implants. Additionally, if any weight is gained or lost after a fat transfer procedure, the fat in your breasts will respond accordingly. You'll need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in this area. Breast of luck! 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Are you a candidate for breast fat transfer?

Without an in person examination it is hard to be definite, but it appears you are a good candidate for fat transfer to your breasts. Fat transfer can have a filling affect to the breasts which can appear as a lift. Liposuction from the arms, abdomen, and back can be done to harvest the fat which is then placed into the breast. About 60-70% of the fat survives. A second fat grafting operation can sometimes be needed. Costs can vary between 5000-8000$ depending on the actual operation being performed.

I hope that answers your questions.

Ryan Hoffman, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer

You do look like you would be a good candidate for fat transfer. However, the transfer will make the breast fuller, but not lifted or perkier. The cost varies from region to region. I would suggest meeting with board certified plastic surgeons in your area and discuss all your concerns. With just one transfer, most women can increase their size one half to one cup. Should you prefer a larger size, you may need additional transfer or implants.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

What to expect with fat transfer to the breast

Thank you for a great question. With fat transfer, we now have a breast enhancement option that avoids implants and the scarring associated with a breast lift. However, it's important to realize that fat transfer is not a substitute for these other procedures.

In your case, I notice some hollowing in the upper pole of the breast which could be improved with fat transfer. Although one photo is not sufficient to assess your options for 'donor sites', it does appear that you have enough fat to make the procedure a success.

Setting expectations for size and shape following fat transfer can only really be done right in the context of a consultation with a plastic surgeon. It's generally accepted that only ~50% of the grafted fat survives in the long term. With that in mind, I think you could expect a nice change in shape and a modest increase in size, but a D cup may not be a realistic goal for single procedure.

Owen Reid, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon