JUVÉDERM® VOLUMA. How long does it take to see the full effects?

Voluma results

Voluma results are seen instantly when the product is injected.  In case of minor swelling or injection irritation, wait 2 weeks to evaluate final results.  Enjoy!

It gets better!

When I first started using Voluma, I thought it was What You See Is what you Get. Time has proven to me that it plumps up a bit more if its done right. I have patients return in two weeks to check their results. Some patient will want more. Most are really happy with the result and don't need or want more

Beverly Johnson, MD
Silver Spring Dermatologic Surgeon

JUVÉDERM® VOLUMA. How long does it take to see the full effects

Thank you for your question.  The effects of Voluma are nearly instantaneous. As opposed to other fillers that require water absorption to reach their full effects, what you see with Voluma after injection is largely what you will maintain.  Over the following 10-14 days, the overlying skin will settle and smooth after Voluma, and any swelling present from the injections will also resolve, resulting in subtle changes in appearance.

Voluma results are instant

There is always going to be some swelling associated with a filler.after about 10 days, you have your final result. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm Voluma Effects

Juvederm Voluma is a hyaluronic acid dermal filler. As we age, we lose both fat and bone in the face. This causes:

• 1) Loss of definition
  • 2)Descent or sagging of tissue
Injection Juvederm Voluma or other hyaluronic fillers to replace to lost bone and fat can lift and add definition to the face. The results of all hyaluronic acid fillers are immediate, but they will tend to swell for a few days after injection.

Juvederm Voluma is a hyaluronic acid filler that is used for deep injections - generally at the level of the bone. This allows us to gain lift, as well as fill, making the product the most "sculptural" product we have in the hyaluronic acid family. The results are immediate and will be seen right after injection. fortunately, Juvederm Voluma does not swell much after the injection so don't expect to look much different the next day.

Kevin L. Smith, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon