What kind of treatments can a Dermatologist do to help me regrow my eyebrows?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 1
It is important to see a dermatologist because all have different treatment.
In general causes of eyebrow loss and treatment include:
- HYPOTHYROIDISM. Low thyroid levels can cause eyebrow hair loss especially at the side. A blood test can diagnose low thyroid and treatment is thyroid replacement
- OVER TWEEZING AND PLUCKING. Overstyling of the brows is common. Options include hair restoration surgery, minoxidil
- ALOPECIA AREATA. alopecia areata is an autoimmune disease. Hair loss can occur solely on the eyebrows albeit that is not common. Usually there are other signs of hair loss on the scalp. Treatment includes steroid injections, topical steroids, minoxidil and other treatments too.
- FRONTAL FIBROSING ALOPECIA. This is an autoimmune hair loss condition causing scarring hair loss that is permanent. Treatment includes steroid injections, and immunosuppressive pills and hormone blockers.
- TRICOTILLOMANIA. Self induced pulling of the brows is common in the population. Often associated with anxiety, depression or obsessive compulsive disorder. Treatment includes medications and psychotherapy
- AGE RELATED CHANGES. Some individuals develop sparse eyebrows with age. Treatment includes minoxidil, bimatoprost and hair transplant surgery.
- TELOGEN EFFLUVIUM. Hair shedding disorders give hair loss in the scalp and rarely eyebrows. Treatment depends on the underlying cause of the shedding (stress, diet, low iron, medications)
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.