Can I do dermaplaning on my face even though I have PCOS and therefor have excess facial hair? (photo)

PCOS and Dermabraision

Dermabrasion will work very well to soften your skin and remove some surface blemishes. It will not remove the hair follicles as we don't go deep enough to remove the follicles (this would result in scarring of the face). 

If you would like the hair removed then laser hair removal would be your best bet!

Hope this helps and good luck!

Dr. Robb

Evans Physician

PCOS and surface treatments

Thanks for your question. PCOS causes a relative imbalance between the amount of female and male hormones in your system. This causes the excess facial hair (and frequently these patients have acne issues too). Anyway, derma planing should be totally fine because it merely removes the outermost layers of your skin, kind of like an aggressive microdermabrasion treatment. You could also pursue laser hair removal and resurfacing lasers for the acne scarring. Good luck!

Robert S. Schmidt, MD
College Station Facial Plastic Surgeon