Surgery while on Accutane? How long should you wait after Accutane treatment to have surgery?

I haven't looked into this at all so I have no idea if this is something that could even be considered.

Accutane and surgery

I recommend that you consult with the physician that is performing your surgery and inform them that you are on Accutane or that you have been on Accutane.  They will determine whether they want to proceed with surgery or not.  I advise my patients to wait at least 6 months after discontinuing the Accutane before having surgery due to Accutane inhibiting and prolonging the surgical wound healing process and skin regeneration.

Indianapolis Dermatologist

Surgery While on Isotretinoin

There is no reason you cant have surgery while on the medication but if you needed to have something elective and wanted to stop you can do so as early as 3 days before and have no problems.  Best, Dr. Emer.