How can I prevent allergic reaction to hyaluronidase?

I want to get hyaluronidase to dissolve juvederm voluma from an overfilled side of my cheek in a small area close to the nose on one side of my face, but am worried about adverse reaction. Could taking prednisone before injection help in preventing allergic reaction and/or swelling? I really want to match the overfilled side of my face with the more natural looking side rather than add filler to balance out the difference. Thanks.

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  The most important first step is discussing what hyaluronidase your injector will be using.  A common one is Vitrase which is derived from sheep, while Hylenex is human derived.  Any known sensitivity to the ingredients in the injections should be discussed with your injector in order to make the right decision.  Additionally you can either be patch tested to assess your sensitivity or pretreated with steroids if concerned.  Hope this helps.