How does SculpSure differ from TruSculpt?

How do they compare? Which one is better?

SculpSure and TruSculpt both good options

SculpSure is a laser (1064nm diode laser) device that heats the fat under the skin. TruSculpt is a

radiofrequency device that heats up the fat under the skin. Both are effective means of slimming

unwanted stubborn areas of fat. You should discuss your goals with your doctor to find out which

device is best for you. They are slightly different in the way the applicators are applied to skin and you

may prefer one to the other. The best one is the one that you have access to and enjoy having used on

your areas of stubborn fat.

#sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.
The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks. 
The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.
The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling. 
It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat. 
If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of her patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment. 
I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

My patients like SculpSure

Thank you for your question. At our practice, we are huge proponents of the SculpSure treatment. It was not the first noninvasive fat removal device to come out but it has the best outcome and our patients have seen great results after it. SculpSure is a hyperthermic laser fat removal system that works by directing laser energy into your treated areas. What I like about the SculpSure is that it heats up the fat cells so that it not only gets rid of them, but also helps promote collagen or elastin production for tighter skin. There is no downtime and patients can return to work or other activities after treatment. With SculpSure, you can treat up to four areas at one time and it only takes about 25 minutes per treatment. Overall, I feel it’s the best noninvasive option in the market. If you’re interested I suggest scheduling a full in-person consultation with a qualified physician to review your treatment area and ensure you are an ideal candidate. Good Luck!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

SculpSure vs Trusculpt.

It is almost a play on words, however these devices work differently- SculpSure works by delivering heat via a diode laser, whilst TruSculp delivers heating via RF or radio frequency. Heating via SculpSure gives more consistent results than RF (generally speaking). 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
BRISBANE, FiorI Institute of Body Contouring
Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

How do SculptSure and TruSculpt differ?

SculptSure utilizes laser energy to cause fat cell death beneath the skin. The studies which led to FDA approval on this machine showed a consistent and reliable result in the areas treated. One could expect 20 to 24 % fat cell reduction in the areas treated with SculptSure. Machines such as TruSculpt use radio-frequency energy in an attempt to reduce fat. This type of device seems to be less consistent and less reliable at fat reduction compared to SculptSure or Coolsculpting. These non-invasive treatments are best for focal "problem area" fat reduction and not total body weight loss. Treatments can be repeated to obtain cumulative results.

SculpSure or TruSculpt?

Sculpsure is an FDA approved noninvasive laser treatment that is clinically proven to reduce up to 24% of fat cells in a  treatment area after a 25 minute treatment.  My initial experience with this modality has been very positive. Many newer non invasive treatments come to market every year, and very few deliver results without downtime and significant side effects like Sculpsure.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure uses laser energy to disrupt fat cells while TruSculpt uses radiofrequency energy.  SculpSure is FDA approved to destroy fat cells in the abdomen and flanks.  TruSculpt does not have the same data backing its effectiveness.

Naveen Setty, MD

SculpSure the Gold Standard

SculpSure is the only non-invasive laser treatment to permanently remove fat cells that is FDA approved. There are  other devices but they have not been vetted by the FDA. They may be safe but there is no FDA process to show they are effective. SculpSure is safe and effective in removing fat. Devices that are based on ultra sound and radio frequency have not gone through the rigorous process of being scientifically shown that they reliably and permanently remove fat.

Ben J. Tittle, MD

Trusculpt overpowered

SculpSure in my opinion just plain works--people are very happy. TruSculpt seems to be inconsistent with sometimes no result--it seems to be minor, takes a long time, requires multiple treatments.  We have been able to move on, although SculpSure is a more expensive investment for the physician. It should therefore cost more.

SculpSure vs TruSculpt

SculpSure uses a specific laser wavelength that targets and destroys fat cells. TruSculpt uses RF (radio frequency) technology to treat the area.