I had Sculpsure done a few days ago in my abdomen. Was just wondering if I can have velashape 3 done on the same area. Thanks!

SculpSure and Velashape

Yes, you can have these treatments done close to each other, or on the same day. They work by different mechanisms, SculpSure give a predictable reduction of fat cells via heating, whilst Velashape is not designed as a fat reduction device. However - safe to combine treatments. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
FIORI INSTITUTE of Body Contouring
Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

SculpSure and Velashape

Thank you for your question. SculpSure is a laser that penetrates the skin to reduce the fat. During the treatment it cools the skin. Velashape is used to smooth the skin and does not target fat. Therefore the treatments can be performed in the same area.

Velashape with Sculpsure

In our practice we combine all sculpsure treatments with vanquish and venus legacy to get further improvement. I suggest you see an expert for the ultimate combination for your goals.  Best, Dr. Emer.

OK to do both

It is OK to do Sculpsure and have Velashape done on the same area.  They have different mechanisms adn can be combined.

SculpSure plus VelaShape should be fine

SculpSure uses a laser to destroy fat cells.  VelaShape and Endermologie use suction and radio frequency to help smooth the skin.  They can be used together to improve the results of each.  In fact we offer 3 free Endermologie treatments to all of our SculpSure patients to help improve the results.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon