How effective is massage after SculpSure? (twice a day for 5-10 minutes)

is the daily massage required for best results? or is it for faster healing, etc. what exactly does it do for the patient. thanks!

Massage after SculpSure

Thank you for your question. Massage is recommended after SculpSure. It helps promote blood flow to the area and increases lymphatic drainage which helps in reabsorption of the fat.  

Massage After SculpSure

Massage is recommended by the company following SculpSure.  We advise our patients to massage the treated area twice a day for 5 minutes x 2 weeks.  In theory, this encourages lymphatic drainage to minimize swelling and encourages the fat cells to break apart.  The massage is not painful, so we ask our patients to follow this recommendation.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Massage after?

my patients are doing it per procedure protocol, but I personally have had numerous areas treated once or twice and did not. I think it is a good idea and pretty easy. I suspect it depends on the areas treated. Abdomen yes.

#sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future. The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.  The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health. The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.  It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.  If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.  I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Is massaging after SculpSure necessary?

Thank you for your question. Massaging after a SculpSure procedure is not necessary for every patient. It really depends on each individual case. Sometimes I recommend it to patients that have swelling and want to reduce it. You don’t obtain better results from massaging but it does speed up your recovery time in terms of swelling or slight soreness.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Massage after SculpSure

Yes, much like Coolsculpting, you should massage after Sculpsure. 3-4 times per day, 2-3 minutes only. This can reduce swelling, and potentially, in theory aid in ' breaking up' the fat cells. It is recommend by the company. 

I personally think its much easier, MUCH less painful than massage immediately after Coolsculpting. (I have both devices), and can see the immediate difference in post -procedure after care. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Fiori Institute of Body Contouring
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Massage Helps

Massage is useful for healing tissues after SculpSure.
It is great to do,but many patients do not follow a rigorous program.
Dr. Denkler

Massage after SculpSure?

Massage after SculpSure is very helpful in improving results, although it is certainly not mandatory. Massage acts to increase blood flow to the area, to help bring in all the healing elements in the blood, which aids in faster clearance of the destroyed fat cells, as well as reducing the inflammatory response in the tissue. It can also help resolve any nodularity, should this develop in the zone.

Craig Schwartz, DO
Leawood Vascular Surgeon

The benefit of massaging after Sculpsure

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Massage is recommended after treatment with Sculpsure. In theory the massage will help with the softening of fat hardening after the procedure. It is not clear the effect on the fat reduction process. If anything will feel good. 

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Massage After Sculpsure, is it effective?

I am not sure that massage will help at all after sculpsure, although in our office we do Vanquish and Cellutone/Z Wave post treatment to enhance results.  Best, Dr. Emer.