Medication in the Dominican Republic?

If you decide to have your surgical procedure in a city in the Dominican Republic, are you required to being your pain meds from the USA to DR, or do you receive your meds there? Does i vary from doctor to doctor? I am strongly considering going to the DR to get my BBL done and just wanted to know before I make my deposit.

Medication in the Dominican Republic

Most doctors will provide your pain medication after surgery. You are allowed to bring your own also. Best wishes 

Check with your surgeon in DR, but typically meds are provided, other than any meds you take daily. Best of luck.

Medication in the Dominican Republic? No need to bring any, but your regular ones.

Hi, this is a very good question. In my quote  pain medication, antibiotic and stomach mucose protector are included and given to the patient. There is no need  to bring any medications to DR since we have medicines from  ALL OVER THE WORLD pharmaceuticals, not only from US but great medication from Europe.So medicine option are much vast than in the US. Keep in mind that after Plastic Surgery there will be no pain but mainly discomfort and it will be  control. I am  a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

Not Recommended

Hi and thanks for the question. I strongly encourage you to go to an American Board Certified Surgeon. There are inherent risks associated with this type of travel including problems with follow up and ability to care for you if there are any complications. Best of Luck - Dr Hardy...

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon