Why do I have hard (marble size) balls In my butt after BBL?

I had my BBl in December 2015. About 4 months post op I felt these small marbel size balls underneath the skin of my butt. There were at least 5 in each butt check. They didn't hurt but I called my PS and the nurse said to massage my butt. I did that and I'm 8 months post op and not only has that NOT worked but the balls hurt now & I can't sit down for more than 5 minutes without being uncomfortable. My Gyno felt them & said they are very hard, massages will not work & I will need a cat scan.

Two options to remove granuloma formations

Hi There,

Most likely you have scarring, or granuloma formation around the injected/transferred fat. It could be due to your body’s reaction. Sometimes it can be ischemia (lack of blood-flow to the areas of fat transfer). I recommend an ultrasound to diagnose the size and exact location, and then 2 options to resolve this. One would be to do a localised liposuction. The second would be to make an incision and remove them completely. Good luck!

Lumps after surgery

The lumps you are experiencing may be fat necrosis. Sometimes these go away over time, massage, and sometimes they require excision.  Best of luck.

Fat necrosis

I suggest revisiting with your plastic surgeon so that he or she can evaluate you.  This sounds like areas of fat necrosis where the fat transfer did not survive.  I doubt that a CT scan is necessary.  See your plastic surgeon first.  Best wishes. 

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Hard areas after BBL

Thank you for your question. Without a physical exam it is impossible to determine, but they are likely small areas of fat necrosis (dead fat that didn't survive and has now formed little areas of scarring). I would recommend you be seen by a board certified plastic surgeon to help you determine what is going on and what options are available for treatment. Best of luck, Dr. Kludt 

Nathan Kludt, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon