Is constant cramp in butt after BBL normal? (photo)

I'm over three weeks post op after BBL, im not sore anymore really only if I stay in the same postition for a long time am I. But in the side of my left butt cheek it feels like a constant cramp or pulled muscle. It's fairly new and i haven't done any physical activity. Is this normal? Most of my swelling is gone and my results are awesome. There's no dimpling or really hard spots it's still stiff but that's my whole butt. I'm really just worried about the constant cramp feeling in my left cheek.

#BBL #Brazilianbuttlift #plasticsurgery

Hello Toria, Congratulations on your recent surgery and thank you for sharing your question about your post operative recovery and results after your surgery.  Final results can take up to six months for all the swelling to subside.  At our office here at CARE we actually see all of our surgery patients the very next day after surgery and then again at two weeks and beyond. We enjoy staying closely connected to our patients and enjoy giving the extra attention and service.  Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you. I hope this is helpful and wish you all the very best.  Sincerely, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS
CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after BBL

You are still early in your postoperative course. It is normal to have some muscle pain but I recommend that you see your surgeon for a follow-up appointment. Congratulations on an excellent result. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #beverlyhills #curves #weightloss #bodysculpting 

Sejal M. Patel, MD

Is constant cramp in butt after BBL normal?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.... I have to say that you have really good results, you look like a doll, beautiful.. and please be patient, it is normal to have pain, cramps and everything, they will go away in a few months, keep wearing your garment!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Contact your surgeon to discuss this.

you should consult with your plastic surgeon for an evaluation to help determine what this is. 

Still in the healing phase -Is constant cramp in butt after BBL normal? (photo)

Thank you for your question and photos. Congratulations! Your results look great. Since you are only 3 weeks post op, I'm inclined to say that this should be something to contact your surgeon about. When I perform fat transfer to the buttocks, I layer the fat on top of the bone, in the muscle and beneath the skin. It provides a more natural result and it also gets blood supply to the transferred cells more efficiently. If your surgeon uses the same method, you may be experiencing normal post op symptoms from injections at the muscle. When in doubt, always request an in office appointment with your surgeon. Nothing wrong with a little reassurance from your surgeon.

Good luck!

Reza Rod, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon