Mondor disease? (photo)

hi I'm 8 week post surgery .. please can I have some information about Mondor disease .. I'm sergoun told me that it nothing to worry and that by time it will go away alone .. should I worry I only notice today. my implants are 280cc tearshaped if it helps . thanks you

Mondor's Cord under Breast after Breast Augmentation

• You appear to have a Mondor's cord under the breast fold incision.
  • This is nothing to worry about, and with time it will resolve on its own.
  • Treatment consists of Advil/Ibuprofen and time.
  • It actually represents a clot in a superficial vein under the breast.
  • But, rest assured that this clot will resolve, AND it doesn't represent anything dangerous. It is different than having a deep vein thrombosis (DVT), for example.
  • Thanks for sharing!

#breast augmentation complications

Mondor's disease is blood clots formation in the superficial veins of the breasts, occurs rarely in breasts augmentation surgeries, and treatment is usually conservative, meaning, NSAID's like ibuprofen or naproxen and moist warm compresses, like any complication your surgeon should be able to explain the problem and follow you during the recovery period.
The most important factor in obtaining a good result in your cosmetic surgery is the surgeon you choose.

Victor M. Perez, MD, FACS
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Mondor's vein thrombosis

Mann doors disease or syndrome, is the clotting of the superficial veins of the chest wall that are transected making an inframammary increase incision. In my experience, using warm moist heat an nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories, that these cords will resolve over 2 to 3 months. There is nothing to worry about, these are not clots that can break free and cause any problems. Ask your plastic surgeon for their advice. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Mondor's disease

Thank you for your picture. Mondor's disease is a benign nonthreatening irritation and minor clotting of veins of the breast. This will get better with time. Moist heat and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory's or the treatment of choice. 

Mondors Syndrome

Thanks for your question.  I prefer to call this a syndrome rather than a disease.  Mondors occurs when the superficial veins and/or lymphatics beneath the breast become thrombosed( form a clot within them).  This is more common with an inframammary approach. As your doctor indicated, this will resolve on its own over time.  Sometimes the use of NSAIDs and warm compresses may help the discomfort. This will go away with time.

Best Regards.

Mondor disease

Thank you for your question and picture. Your surgeon was right; there is nothing to worry about. Mondor’s cord is a “self- limiting” condition, meaning, it will go away on its own. It usually resolves within 4-6 weeks. It is caused by a blood clot formation in the superficial veins. It often presents as palpable cord-like band accompanied by a mild discomfort and swelling. No treatment is necessary, but use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications and heat can alleviate symptoms. An aspirin a day can help dissolve the clot. Good luck!

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Mondor's disease

Mondor's disease is a harmless condition caused by one of the small veins becoming blocked and inflammed. Whilst it can be a little uncomfortable, it will disappear in time. Anti-inflammatory pain killers can help. 

James Murphy, FRCS(Plast)
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Mondor disease?

Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to making accurate diagnosis and treatment recommendations. The use of anti-inflammatories and warm compresses may be helpful to expedite resolution of the Mondor's cords (check with your plastic surgeon). Resolution of this inflammatory process may take several weeks.

Mondor's chord

Your plastic surgeon is the one that you should refer to for proper treatment.  I have found that therapeutic ultrasounds help and stretching the specific area. 

Daniel Diaco, MD