Dermapen vs dermaroller; Which one is better among dermapen and dermaroller for acne scars?

Which one is better among dermapen and dermaroller for acne scars, pore size and pigmentation problems. My skin type is Asian and is medium dark in color.

Pen vs skin roller for acne scars.... answered in depth in the video.

I personally prefer Pen over Roller, however, as specialist we use energy based 3rd or 4th generation devices. Certainly using a skin needling device at home can help, however newer ways to treat acne scars, especially combined with PRP can give faster and better results. For more on how to use skin rollers, see the video below. Dr Davin Lim

Brisbane Dermatologist

Dermapen vs Dermaroller

We currently perform microneedling with the SkinPen.  Compared to the Dermaroller, the SkinPen hurts less, bleeds less and has an easier recovery.  Most patients prefer the SkinPen for these reasons.  Overall, we have been very pleased with the ease of use and results from the SkinPen. 

Regards,

Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Dermapen vs Dermaroller

The difference is the way the skin is penetrated and the number of penetrations. The Dermapen does many more penetrations with smaller needles and they are perpendicular to the surface. The dermaroller is fewer, larger holes and they are more traumatizing to the skin because they enter at an angle and exit at an angle. These facts make the Dermapen my preferred treatment over dermaroller.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Dermapen Versus Dermaroller

It can depend on the type of scarring and location. This is tough to answer without pictures. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal evaluation and treatment options. All acne scars require a combination approach for improvement. I recommend lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision and fillers. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer